From This Side of The Pond asks the questions and we answer for Hodge Podge Wednesday. Link here: http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2017/03/beauty-and-hodgepodge-beast.html
1. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' What's something you've seen recently that you thought was beautiful?
The sunrise the other day - orange, pinks, blues - beautiful.
2. Our culture and beauty...your thoughts?
We focus too much on outward beauty. Beauty is only skin deep. True beauty is within.
3. Age before beauty, beauty queen, beauty mark, beauty sleep...which beauty-ful phrase resonates with you today? Why?
Age before beauty - I'm feeling my whole 50 years today.
alligators, coyotes, black bears, birds (but pigeons in particular), sharks, bats, bed bugs, rats, rattlesnakes, and the black widow spider.
Which 'beast' on the list scares you the most? What is the liklihood of you having an actual encounter with that particular beast? Did a movie contribute to your fear of this creature? Have you ever had a real life encounter with any of the animals listed?
Well, that is some list...several of them actually. However, sharks would be it. Obviously, JAWS - even the "da da da da...music" - peeks my fears. I've only swam in an ocean a few times in my life, but each time, I was afraid of a shark encounter.
5. Where were you when you last heard a bell ring? Was it alarming or musical?
It was actually some one's phone. Those silly ring tones. It was both musical and alarming because I didn't know where the noise was coming from.
6. What's your favorite carb? How's that for random?
7. Let's wrap up another month of Hodgepodging and life with an acrostic. Recap your month using the word MARCH.
Our well failed and we didn't have running water for 33 days, so mine would go something like this....
In March it was, the well did fail
so we marched to the barn with bucket and pail
to carry the water so we could flush
33 days we did march and mush.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Shallow Hal the movie. I really like that one. Jack Black's character has a problem with outward beauty - he is very shallow. He has an encounter with Tony Robbins, who hypnotized him so that he sees people for their inward beauty. It shows us how we tend to judge others from the outside before we get to know them. Growing up chubby and getting teased about it - I can relate to this movie. I know many pretty people who are ugly on the inside!
Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.