Monday, March 6, 2017

Motivational Monday - Oh Well


It has been 1 full week without running water in our home.  I'm thankful we have another well by the barn.  We are able to get buckets of water, so we can at least flush the toilets...(smile).

I told Al last Monday, that we could probably "make it" without water for at least a week...easy to say, harder to do.  On one of my trips to the barn with buckets in hand...I started singing..."Jacky and Al went up a hill to fetch a pail of water..." I thought it was funny.  It was a L O N G week.  

Coming out the other side of it...not knowing if we will have a new well this week...I think I can "make it" another week.  After all, I'm in a warm house, I can use paper plates, my animals have water, things could be worse and I am thankful for what I do have.  

I keep thinking about all the other women in the world who don't have water.  The ones that have to walk miles to get their daily amount.  No long warm showers for them.  So, as I sit here and write this, I don't know what this week will "throw at me," but thinking on those less fortunate than I and counting my blessings, I know, with the Lord's help,  I can handle it.  

My hope for you dear follower, is that whatever this week "throws at you" you can handle it too.  Count your many blessings, it helps!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-art-of-home-making-mondays-please.html




3 comments:

  1. A well is big bucks!!! Hope it's an easy fix...Hikchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my no water. Reminds me of when I lived at my gramma B's farmhouse, when we had to haul water in..and she had a well. Good luck and hope you get water soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder about the blessings of something we take for granted every day -- fresh, clean water! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Monday at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete