Friday, September 23, 2016

Week 31 - Honey Spice Cutouts

Honey Spice Cutout Cookie







1 C soft butter
1/2 C honey (I used the raw honey made here at our farm)
Cream together and add

2 eggs (or 1 large egg as I have banty hens)
Blend and add



1/2 t salt
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
Mix well togther and add 1 cup at a time,

3 C flour




Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes
Bake 325 for 10-12 minutes.





I sprinkled the cookies with sanding sugar, but you could frost them and decorate too.  These are a soft cookie - almost biscuit like - lighly flavored.  I might add 1 t ginger and cinnamon next time to spice them up a bit more.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2016/09/foodie-friday-and-everything-else_22.html

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound delish! I don't know what it is about the cooler weather and shorter days, but my nesting instincts go into overdrive....It just seems "right" to cook and bake! Hope you're weekend is off to a great start.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (Sorry about the delete comment above....guess it's too late for me to think and type at the same time LOL....)

    ReplyDelete