Thursday, September 22, 2016

Hodgepodge Wednesday - "Cha Cha Changes"

Questions asked by:  From This Side of the Pond

1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world...how will you welcome the season? 

With pumpkins and squash from my garden.  I love acorn squash and this year I have a bunch!  

2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?

Pumpkin pie!  Apple cake.  Apple cider.

3. Do you occasionally suffer from what's sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it's here?

Oh, I don't suffer...I embrace it...I love to take a 15-30 minute nap on those types of days.  If, I "can't" or have too much to do...I just keep working and push through it.  I usually eat a piece of candy or get a quick boost from a soda.

4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?

Well, that's a tough one.  I grew up in a large family - so I didn't "need" outside frienships - I did have good childhood friends too and I cherish those memories.  With my adult relationships with women - I would say it's 50/50 as, the business I'm in makes people competitive and I hate that.  I try to surround myself with "like minded" people.  Lately, I've been saying..."I need more 'kites' than 'anchors'" - as I want to be in relationships (personal or business) where the other is just as passionate about things as I am - we lift each other up, not drag each other down.  

5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that's a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?

Honestly, yes I am.  I am however, waaayyy better at not doing this than I was in my 30's & 40's.  I think as I mature, I see what is really important - if it's not - I can say "NO" now.  It's the feeling guilty about it that I'm working on.  

6. The seasons are a-changin'...share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).

Lately, Danny Gokey's "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azYK8I2uoog

7. What do you wish would never change?

I actually like change, you grow with change.  With each new stage of life - I have challenged myself to be a "better" version of me.  I guess if I had to say...no, I can't even think of one...I was going to say flowers blooming...but, then I love the colors of fall and even the snowflakes.  So...I like change.  

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

In keeping with the "changes" theme.  I guess, I am thinking about the "change of life" - all women go through this.  I haven't really had too many changes yet.  I did have someone tell me ..."just wait till the 'menapouse mind' starts" - I have noticed,  lately, I have been a bit more forgetful.  O.k. bloggers, what is "good" about the "change?"  Help a girl out, what can I expect.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2016/09/ch-ch-ch-chodgepodge.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FromThisSideOfThePond+%28From+This+Side+of+the+Pond%29

1 comment: