Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Chickens For Sale

Oh my goodness, do I have the chicks.  I don't even know how it happened.  I was collecting eggs.  It's just that some very productive hens found hiding spots around the farm and now I have....around 50 little chicks.  I didn't count them, but my farrier did.  He also took a video - they are super cute!  

We can hardly walk to the barn in the morning with out having a flock of them following us.  They especially like me as I give them scraps.  

I have been wondering....maybe this is some residual effects of an empty nest.  I have enjoyed this past summer petting, snuggling, carrying and sharing these little chicks with every visitor that comes over.  

A car pulled in the driveway a few weeks back.  It was my neighbor and her 2 boys.  She wanted to know if they could look at the chicks.  She left with 5, yay!  The other neighbor's visiting grandchildren happened to walk by as I just found a nest of 13 chicks...they came up the driveway and played with them and the other older chicks for over an hour.   I've had several 4-H projects here as well this summer and those chicks have been loved and hugged all to pieces.  

I now need to "let some go" - so, if you are looking for some; hen set, hen raised, free range, antibiotic free, mixed banty breed cockerels, I have some for only $2 each or 6 for $10.  


We had someone come and do some field work for us yesterday, he said "how do you get so many chicks?  Our chickens are mean and stupid."  I said..."it's the banty breeds - they are the best mamas."  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Love little chicks! Hope you find homes for yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. hope you find some good homes for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find homes for them all. I would take some if it were allowed. Janice

    ReplyDelete