Thursday, July 28, 2016

Wednesday HodgePodge

Fellow blogger and follower, this is a fun hop to link in on.  Hodgepodge Wednesday - she asks questions and you answer.  Great way to learn about each other.  Here goes this week's questions:


1.  On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? Why? 
(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)

I would say 8.  I turned 50 and that was fun.  I have been able to spend time with my girls - we did our first 5K together in Door County, WI.  What hasn't been good is the weather, it has prevented me/us from keeping on top of the farm chores.  Hay, garden, fences....just the work.  Too hot, humid and wet.  

2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle)

Yes, I come from a large family on both sides.  I was the end of a long line of grandchildren, so I had lots of attention from all.  My aunt Jackie, my mom's youngest sister, my name sake, probably was one most close to.  She could sing like no other.  Her bluegrass roots shone through as she would sing while my grandpa played the banjo and harmonica all at the same time.  I loved those afternoons, up north, worshiping in my grandparent's humble home.  I too have many nieces and nephews (now great and great-great).  I am only 7 years older than my oldest niece, so, I grew up with some of them more like an older sister.  One of my many favorites is when I told my niece, Jessi, that I was the tooth fairy.  She in turn told her whole class in 2nd grade that I was.  Poor kid...she was laughed at...(heehee).


3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What's your favorite food dipped in cheese?

Oh goodness, I could no more pick out my favorite flower...what doesn't taste good dipped in chocolate?  Have you tried bacon?  Delish!   I live in Wisconsin - so we dip everything in cheese.  Recently, however, I have been snacking on pretzels dipped in cheese...yummy.

4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.

I don't want to break my rule on not getting political...I've tried to think of something else, but nothing compares to this one...really...I cried, was blown away, felt lied to my whole life and now am researching on my own....but, we saw Hillary's America at the theater this week...that's all I will say, go watch it yourself.  


 5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?

Easy, Pinterest!

6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?

Mine would be the parable of the Good Samaritan for so many reasons.  In a world full of hate - be kind to one another and don't expect anything in return!

7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?

It would be the back roads - all small towns, East Port, ME, Hersey, PA, Pawhuska, OK (Pioneer Woman's Deli/Shop), Grand Canyon, AZ and Monterey, CA.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I don't know how to "sex" my chicks - other than waiting for them to look like a hen or rooster.  You know, hens have combs too...anyone know how I could "flip them over" and "check?"  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. I am not any help in identifying your chick gender. Hopefully the Internet can help you there! Thanks for joining in this week. I'm behind reading blogs, and have company so am trying to catch up a little. It's hard not to be astonished by politics these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops...just realized I was logged in on my daughter's work email...the above comment was from me : )

    ReplyDelete