Sunday, July 10, 2016

Easy Chocolate Zucchini Cake


This is a simple recipe.  Truthfully, I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

1 box cake mix - I used devil's food
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. grated nutmeg
1 1/2 C Zucchini
1 C Chocolate Chips




Add the wet ingredients according to the box recipe.  I mixed by hand with a whisk.  




Pour into a well sprayed 9 x 13 pan.  Bake according to box directions.



I made this cake for our "2nd Annual Up, Up & Away - Vintage Pop Up" Sale.  I didn't have any powder sugar for the frosting, so on my way in to town, I stopped at the grocery store and asked the bakery if I could buy a container of frosting.  Truthfully, that frosting with that cake was delicious - it was like a Hostess Devil's Food cakes.  I love those!  You would never know there was zucchini in mine. 



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate zucchini cake is one of my favorites! The zucchini makes it so unbelievably moist. Bakery frosting to top it off? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I know anything you touch or make is Great~! :)

    ReplyDelete