Tuesday, July 26, 2016

1940's Entrepreneur Spirit


I love this picture!  Look at those faces - especially the tiger cat.  I wish I knew the story behind it.  It reminds me how I carry my old barn cat (sometimes cats) around.  


My caption for these would be Country Mouse (top)....


City Mouse.  I love that both of these women are gardening and growing their own food - where they live.  


This one I might caption, " just trying to garden."  She looks like one tough cookie.

I have been very nostalgic lately.  For my birthday, Al bought me a Bose radio.  I've been listening to a 1940's radio station from the UK.  I had already been thinking on this time frame for my "It's all a Swap - Vintage Pop Up Sale" here at the farm anyway.  You can read about it here:  http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2016/07/its-all-swap-vintage-pop-up-sale.html

After listening - I'm all in now.  

Strong, ingenious, resourceful, innovative, imaginative and enterprising women.  

Those same adjectives could be used to describe the "entrepreneur spirit" that I try to emulate.  That is why I am always thinking, doing something and then moving on to the next.  My friend asked me a question the other day about a friend of mine.  She asked, "why does she keep moving on to the next thing, instead of working on the same thing until it is perfect?"  I quickly said "that I 'get'!  She needs to keep moving on to the next, because she is so creative and as soon as she does something - everyone else does it too."  Yes, Jade, we were talking about you (smile).

I surly hope, that some of my followers and customers will come on out to the swap on August 21 from 3-6 pm here at our farm.  If you don't have something to swap - come anyway, I'm sure others will bring items or talents that they would be willing to "swap" for cash.  

Spark in yourself that 1940's entrepreneur spirit - or at least fan the flames of those who already have it.  Thanks.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment