Friday, February 26, 2016

Five Fun Facts Friday - Portland, Oregon

My friend, Jade, is moving to Portland, Oregon.  She has felt a "pull" toward that area for several years.  In her own words, "the universe is giving me signs."  Jade introduced me to Pho,  which I love.  Yesterday, we met and had our last "brain storming" or "networking" lunch over bowls of Pho.  

I decided to dedicate my Five Fun Facts Friday to her soon to be new home, Portland.  Here goes Jade - to Portlandia you go...these are funny facts....

1.  Portland hosts the world's largest naked bike ride...13,000 participants...so, Jade I guess a new bike is in your future.

2.  There is a volcano within Portland's city limits.  It's the only main land U.S. city to take that risk.   Jade, your family doesn't have to worry about "just" an earthquake...now they can add volcano too...lol

3.  Portland is home to more strip clubs per capita than anywhere else in the country.  So, there's always that to pay the rent....

4.  While its illegal in most places in America, residents are allowed to take a dip in the city's many fountains.   Jade, I would say that is pretty convenient...I actually might want to do this when I come to visit - clothed tho....

5.  Portland has the World's Tiniest Park, Mill Ends Park is only 2.5 feet in diameter...o.k. that one is pretty cool...

Jade, there is a wonderful adventure set before you...go out...embrace Portland....listen to the "universe" and enjoy yourself.  I will be praying that you find your "why" and that His will may be made perfect for you in every step.  



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. I hope Jade enjoys her move to a new area, although I just found even more reasons to stay in Wisconsin. ;-) It's always sad to see friends move away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dicky ~ only you would find such fun facts! I'll be looking forward to some of Jade's adventures as you share them as only a friend would. ;)
    Good luck with your move Jade and safe travels.
    'love n hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear your friend is moving away, especially there! If it's God, He knows what he's doing and will keep them safe. Here's a way she can keep a heads up on volcanic and earthquake activity, which are related. http://dutchsinse.com/ He is very accurate with his predictions. Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to hear your friend is moving away, especially there! If it's God, He knows what he's doing and will keep them safe. Here's a way she can keep a heads up on volcanic and earthquake activity, which are related. http://dutchsinse.com/ He is very accurate with his predictions. Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww, so sweet, neat facts......and a great picture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post. I learned a few new things today! Greeting from Florida, Diane

    ReplyDelete