Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Potato, Apple "Pancakes"


Potato, Apple "Pancakes" 

Very simple recipe, could be made sweet or savory.  This is the basic recipe.  



Put one apple, cored and one potato, diced into your food processor.  Blend until tiny chunks.  Add 1 egg, pinch of salt and 2 T whole wheat flour.  To make gluten free, you could substitute rice flour.  At this point you could add onion, and spices to make either sweet or savory.


Blend together until batter consistency.  Spray the pan and drop by spoonfuls, when the one side is brown, flip and flatten.   I did add a tablespoon of oil at end to crisp up the pancake and fry the egg.  This makes a dozen cakes.




I drizzled some Wisconsin maple syrup on the cakes and added a dollop of triple zero berry Greek yogurt.

This was so yummy.  I always enjoy a hearty breakfast.  It keeps me full longer and decreases my desire to snack.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those pancakes look delicious, Jacky! I'll have to make them for the guys! The breakfast looks delicious! Just add beef, lol! Have a great day! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please remove that runny egg from my plate and I will be ever grateful! LOL I love all the rest. Greek yogurt is my favorite, and those pancakes look delicious! Just could never eat an egg that wasn't fried to death. :-)

    ReplyDelete