Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Painted Chairs - Child Size

Before:



I picked up these 2 little chairs at St. Vinny's in Green Bay.  I knew I wanted to paint them using my knock down style.  So, first I painted each with 2 coats of Pumpkin Spice.



When dry, I mixed some paint and made my own pink color.  I used a wet and wipe method for this.  Swipe some paint on, spread out with a sponge and wipe off with a rag.  






Use this method over the whole chair.  When they were dry, I dry brushed on a coat of red.  Think where the color would be dark and dingy on the chair showing age.  Tip...complete the whole piece - do the whole process on backs and underneaths.  






Sometimes at this point I get scared...what did I do?  Don't worry, it will be o.k.  I don't like perfect looking things - I find beauty in imperfections.  I'm not knocking other's styles - this is just what I like.  

Now I hit it with the palm sander, sanding block and sand paper.  Think where the chair would have shown signs of wear.  



At this point, wipe down the chairs and use a gel stain over the whole chair.  When dry, wipe with a wax.  That's it.

After:




These will be available at the "For the LOVE of Vintage - Pop Up" Sale this Saturday.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:

http://www.thethriftyhome.com/2016/02/322nd-penny-pinching-party.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thethriftyhome%2FoBhD+%28*The+Thrifty+Home%29

http://www.mysalvagedtreasures.com/2016/02/talk-of-town-5.html

http://www.patinaparadise.com/2016/02/fridays-furniture-fix-25.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+patinaparadise%2FVeoG+%28Patina+Paradise%29

2 comments: