Saturday, October 17, 2020

Types of Hobbies

 What is a hobby?  Webster says:  "An activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure."  

I did a quick Google search and came up with ideas for categories for hobbies, some are considered outside and others inside activities - but, is not limited to either.

1.  Arts & Crafts, Creative Arts

2.  Cooking, Baking, Preserving & Canning

3.  Collecting, Antiques

4.  Games, Puzzles, "Toys"

5.  Writing

6.  Reading

7.  Music

8.  Exercise, Fitness, Dance

9.  Meditation, Yoga

10.  Gardening

11.  Enrichment, Volunteering, Club Activities

12.  Outdoor Adventures, Hiking, Biking, Birding

13.  Sports

14.  Travel

15.  Photography 

These are just a few of the ones I came up with.  When I started the  The Hobby Farm page, I was thinking it be more for the arts and craft kind of hobby.  I do share mine on there, along with the classes I teach.  The premis for the page was "learn a new hobby at the farm."  However, I've been thinking about hobbies overall.  With more of us "at home" this year, what is something you've been spending your time on?  

Sharon from My New Uneventful Life is an amazing photographer, scrapbooker, artist and blogger.  She lives in Michigan, but follows along.  I'd love to connect with more hobbyists! 

What are your hobbies?   Please click on the The Hobby Farm link above (in blue) and LIKE, FOLLOW the page and we can share about the things we are interesed in.  I have it a private page, as I don't want some spammy, nasty, things to pop up on there....I can only imagine those hobbies...ahahaha...no wait, I don't want to.  

Lately, as I am cleaning out my old business inventory, my hobby seems to be shuffling, sorting, stacking, packing, selling...I would love for my space to look like this


instead of this


oops...speaking of weird hobbies....mine is not to collect naked manequins...I didn't even know they were in this picture!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Ah thanks for the mention! I love seeing all you're up to - most of them on the hobby list I think lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha!! Those mannequins jumped out at me right away LOL....I was going to ask you if you were giving us a mixed message. ;-) I guess I didn't even realize (please tell me "remember" wouldn't be a more appropriate word choice) that you have that other page....I will go check it out! What hobbies have I been spending time on?? A little of this and a whole lot of nothing LOL....a bit of hooking, a bit of stitching....some decorating...trying to resist impulses for collecting/junking....writing a bit...baking/cooking from time to time....and reading...too much reading! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete