Thursday, October 15, 2020

Gnocchi Idea How to Make These? It's Easy!

 I've been waiting to use that line..."gnocchi idea" since I made these.  It's the little things that make me happy!  

I had some left over mashed potatoes and squash.  I have always challenged myself to come up with a "repurposed" meal from leftovers.  For some reason, I just get so tickled with myself when it works.  Like I said, it's the little things....

Gnocchi are really easy to make!  I know it may seem difficult due to the fact that many recipes are unclear as to measurements.  That is because of water content in the ingredient you are using to make them.  Don't let that stop you!  All you need know is that you need to take your "ingredient" (potato, squash, ?) into a dough.  You do this by adding an egg, a pinch of salt and flour to bind it together.  It should be like play dough consistency.  So add flour until it is workable but dry.  Divide in quartes and roll into a long rope.  Cut into bite size pieces.  Roll the pieces across a fork or you could pinch them between your index and thumb.  



Bring a kettle of water to boil.  Boil the gnocchi in small batches.  They are done when they float to the top, takes only minutes.  

At this point, I put them in a container and tossed them with oil so they wouldn't stick together.  You can use these in so many different ways.  

I like brown butter, crispy onion and garlic and parmesan cheese.  So simple and so good!  Buttery pillows!!!   




I also made some for my little grand love.  I wish I could show you her face, but foster care has rules.  Some day, I hope to be able to share her cute face with you all!  Anyway, I made some for lunch for her.  She loves pizza, so I tossed some in a pan with pizza sauce.  She actually ate more gnocchi than I did.  She loved them!  


I hope the next time you have left overs you think of a way to repurpose them into another tasty meal or 2.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. Ok...this is one thing I would never, ever, have thought of attempting making.... They do look much, much, easier than I ever thought they could be. I might actually try them. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are like unfilled perogis. Love them in chicken gnocchi soup! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With our huge potato harvest, I should add that to the list - chicken gnocchi soup!

      Delete