Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tips on Tuesday - Pets

 Welcome to Tips on Tuesday - Pets.  You know we live on a farm.  Over the past 25 years we've had all kinds of critters here for fun and purpose.   Our daughters had all kinds of pets.  Yes, I enjoyed every one, but some weren't "my" pets.  I did do my fair share of taking care of them...LOL.

So, our little "grand love" was going to go pick out a bunny.  Justine asked if we wanted to come along.  In the back of my mind, I was thinking, it would be nice to have a bunny for me.  However, Al is liking the "freedom" of NOT having so many critters.  So, I was really unprepared for this....we have 2 bunnies now.  

The guy selling filled a table top with all kinds of bunnies for L to pick from.  She was so cute!  Laughing at all them.  Justine is partial to Mini Rex breed as that is what she bred growing up in 4H.  L picked out a little white black broken pattern female, "Tilly" and Justine picked out another Mini Rex "Charlie."  Well, I was busy looking at all the other tiny baby rabbits....when I came back to the table, Al was holding a little chocolate Polish.  I could tell by looking at this face..."hey, did you want a rabbit?"  I asked.  "We can't just have one,".....(teehee).  So, I picked up a little Netherland Dwarf, the guy says "she has alot of personality."  Anna had a Netherland Dwarf and it was that way too.  Anyway, I took her.  So now, Al has "Halle" and I have "Nellie" (for Nellie Oleson - sassy).  We left with 4 bunnies.  

My Tips on Tuesday:

1.  Be open to an addition to your "family."

2.  All the emotional health benefits of a relationship with a pet.

3.  Teaches responsiblity with the care and chores.

4.  Lessons in:  life, relationships, love and even loss.

5.  A "friend" that loves you anyway.




When we returned to my house, we took the bunnies out and played with them.   Justine said that "Tilly" and "Charlie" were going to be added to the herd at the "ranch" for children (clients) to hold and pet when they are sad.  Well, guess what, "Nellie" and "Halle" are doing the same for Al and I.  Not that we are sad, but just holding and petting them make you happy.   

Justine, is a (I had to copy and paste from her webite as I can't remember the right title).  Justine is a Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) practitioner, is trained and in the process of certification with Natural Lifemanship™ Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Therapy (TF-EAP), and has training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). She is also certified as an Adoption Competent Therapist through the Training for Adoption Competency (TAC).  Her webiste link: 

 http://www.wholeheartedherdcounseling.com/

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.




5 comments:

  1. Awww how adorable! Reminds me of when I got our bunny Flopsy for my kids. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, congratulations all around!!! I haven't seen photos of Tilly or Charlie, but have to say I am a bit smitten with Nellie LOL. I have known several people who have bunnies as house pets and even have them litter-trained. Heck, I can't even keep my cat from chewing through cords....I am afraid of what a bunny would do. (And, ummm.....you do know that bunnies multiply, don't you LOL?? I take it, though, that your two are both girl bunnies...) ;-) But seriously.....I can't imagine a life without pets. I think, perhaps, though, that I may spend a wee bit too much time with them....people who meet my pets think they have human-like personalities LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable, what a difference petting an animal makes.

    ReplyDelete