Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tips on Tuesday - Recharge

How do you recharge?  I mean, really recharge?  When our phones run low, we plug them in.   Do you take time to plug yourself in?  I know, for women, this is hard to do.  We tend to multitask everything.  At my age, I look back and think, how did I do some of "all that?"  Even thinking on how I recharge, some of that is multitasking and shame on me.  We deserve a few moments to recharge, unplug to plug ourseves in.

So, I was thinking of some of my tips on how to do this and thought I would share.

1.  Turn off your phone, get away from your laptop, t.v., podcasts - (no multitasking).  I purposefully will leave my phone in the house away from me, so I can have even 5 minutes to not think about anything or have any interruptions.  

2.  Go for a brisk walk, do some stretching, any kind of movement.  Along with movement, breath - deep, lung filling breaths.  Breath in to count of 5, exhale to the same, I actually count it out (I am OCD with counting).  Do this for just 5 minutes, it is a boost to your body.  I didn't know how beneficial this would be until my journey with Noom.  

3.  Find 5 things to be thankful for.  They may end up being the same 5 for many days in a row, but tell them to yourself anyway.  I like to start my day with thankfulness.  Look at yourself in the mirror, from time to time too, also a tip from Noom.  "Well, I do have meaty thighs, but thank you for carrying me though my day."  It sounded silly to me at first, but for me it works!

4.  Organize your thoughts.  I try not to do this while doing 2, but it sometimes happens.  For me, it helps to make lists of my day.  I need to at this stage of my life, I can't remember all the things.   I use my phone too.  I try not to go any further than 1 day at a time.  My calendar has a month at a glance, my daily routine is, at times, hour to hour.  

5.  Do something, at least 1 little thing that makes you happy.  For me lately, it's holding my new pet bunny.  Some days, it's needle felting or another craft.  I try to wind down my day reading, including daily devotionals.  I just read a book, it was a young reader's book, a classic.  I wasn't a good reader, nor were books or reading pushed in my home.  I missed out on some of these classics as a child.  I tried to catch up with some when my girls were little, but I enjoy these now too.  Little House, Anne of Green Galbes types.   

6. (an extra one today)  Learn something new.  Best when you can do that with the ones you love.  Here we are at a pasta making class.  Doing something new is a great way to recharge yourself out of the every day same old, same old.  


I hope you can "pencil" yourslelf into your day.  A moment or two to recharge, we all need it.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


 

3 comments:

  1. I think you and I have had this discussion previously (perhaps via blog comments and replies, I don't remember), but yeah....I often wonder how I "did all that" especially when I can't seem to keep on top of the half of it these days. But those days, I did not take any "me" time...there were no vacations, no staycations, and nope, no recharging time. Perhaps part of me is trying to make up for that now LOL. Your suggestions are good ones....but I have a very difficult time shutting off my brain. I think that is partly why I have such issues sleeping. But, I do try to dedicate a little bit of each evening to blog reading, stitching or hooking, and finishing up with reading. Stay warm! Gonna be dang chilly again overnight! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wonder how I managed to do it when my children were at home..now I find myself thinking the very same thing and I am even working from home. UGH Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great post. Being away from everything is one of the reasons I love camping. We go in tents, our phones don't always work, we don't usually have electricity. It's a great time to be present with your thoughts and take time to look at all the beauty around.

    ReplyDelete