Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Enjoying What You Do

My last 9-5, so to speak, was working for a law firm in Schofield, WI.  Pete Hittner was an attorney and partner in this firm.  I wrote a post about him before here:  http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2013/09/thanks-pete-hittner.html  

Pete and Trudy called me about a year or so ago when they first were downsizing.  I've been helping them by listing and selling some of their items.  Now that the house sold, we have been setting up a moving sale.  This is the Craigslist ad if you live in the area:  https://wausau.craigslist.org/gms/d/moving-sale/6676838552.html 




This post is about something Pete said to Trudy about me.  "You know, she jumps right in and gets the job done and enjoys it."  Trudy told me she said "yes, because she likes what she does."  This is all true!  Answering phones, paying bills, typing wills and such I HAD to do then, so I can do what I love now.  I even pulled that old quote on him as he took something upstairs...."now, if you can't use your head, you gotta use your feet" - oh, he laughed!

I actually think they are having fun too!  I know Pete did throw something away, that I retrieved and I said to Trudy "I might not have a college degree, but I surly know that's not garbage!"  She chuckled about this the rest of the day.  We've been having fun and I know it's helping her with the process of leaving a home she loved.  

Not everyone who gets the opportunity to work for their previous employer again.  It's nice for me to be able to do so as an older, wiser woman.  I am happy he can see my doing what I do and enjoying it.  


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment