Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The Race is On




This was adorable!  Piglets and piggies (toddler ones...LOL), are the cutest!  Anyway, on with my post....

So, if you haven't noticed, I've not blogged near as much lately as I usually do.  I've been busy.  I know...we all are busy...but, for real, I've been.  I don't even like to tell anyone what my plans are because I hear..."oh, you're so busy."  I even had one of my friends do something really fun and when I asked "hey, why didn't you ask me to come?"  She said, "well, you're so busy."  Well, I might be, but I can change my plans...I'm self-employed after all!

Anyway....on with my post...oh, I said that already...

Do you ever feel like your life is a race.  Get up, get ready, get your kids ready, go to school, work - the normal day.  Before you know it, it's Friday, then it's October then it's 2018!  Yes, time has no friends.  Life is a race.  

Unlike these little pigs, who by the way, I'm sure  have a bucket of treats in the trailer waiting for them, otherwise how would they get them to run like this....hahaha.  We don't have to compete with each other.  I can't help but think of Hebrews chapter 12:  "therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" 

We do have a great "cloud of witnesses," especially at a race.  We can get caught up in "every weight" and sin can "easily ensnare us."  Spectators love that!  The crowd might even cheer at your failures.  Yep, life is like that at times.  However, run your race, do what you are called to do and do it all with gusto!  Every little pig ran that race as fast as their little hocks could take them.  And that is what I plan to do, as fast as my, not so little hocks take me!  Do the best you can, because there is a treat waiting for you in the trailer.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment