Wednesday, January 18, 2017

What I'm Working On Wednesday - Felting Wool

I purchased a "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" kit and pattern from Primitive Gatherings.  I knew I could use the pattern to make up some kits for my 4-H kids - it is an easy project.  So, that is what I did (with help from Justine) - over 600 traced pennies later...I had 20 kits.

I am able to make up these kits for my 4-H kids and most of the time not charge them for the project because I thrift shop.  While Al was off we thrifted our way from here to there and I did find some nice wool.  Al even found me a huge army blanket for $3 - score!  






 The white one was the kit I purchased.  White wool is hard to find.  The cream wool I used was a blanket I found at Goodwill for $4.99.  I let it soak in bleach water to lighten it up and washed it in hot water 2 times.  I like the antique look to them.  The arms, hat, nose, scarf were felted pieces I already had in my stash.  




 I was excited to find this while at a Saint Vincent's near Milwaukee, a Harris Tweed wool blazer from Scotland.  While we were there this past fall, we were told by our tour guide that the "best" wool to buy was from Harris Tweed.  I almost feel guilty felting this one.  However, it will be repurposed into other cool projects.  



I always find wool in the brown colors, so I was so happy to find these wool skirts in blue.  Most were $3.49 each.  So, now I have a laundry basket full of skirts, blazers and shirts to rip apart and felt along with a few blankets.  


This week, I will also be painting my new booth at Jackie's Antique Mall.  These are the things I'm working on.  How about you?  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://www.beyondthepicket-fence.com/2017/01/talk-of-town-link-party_17.html

5 comments:

  1. Your felted snowmen are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacky! Love the snowmen kits! Adorable! I'm working on cleaning my house! And planning my garden. The weather is so nice here, I think Spring is around the corner! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a lot of pennies but they look cute! Janice

    ReplyDelete