Wednesday, January 18, 2017

What I'm Working On Wednesday - Felting Wool

I purchased a "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" kit and pattern from Primitive Gatherings.  I knew I could use the pattern to make up some kits for my 4-H kids - it is an easy project.  So, that is what I did (with help from Justine) - over 600 traced pennies later...I had 20 kits.

I am able to make up these kits for my 4-H kids and most of the time not charge them for the project because I thrift shop.  While Al was off we thrifted our way from here to there and I did find some nice wool.  Al even found me a huge army blanket for $3 - score!  






 The white one was the kit I purchased.  White wool is hard to find.  The cream wool I used was a blanket I found at Goodwill for $4.99.  I let it soak in bleach water to lighten it up and washed it in hot water 2 times.  I like the antique look to them.  The arms, hat, nose, scarf were felted pieces I already had in my stash.  




 I was excited to find this while at a Saint Vincent's near Milwaukee, a Harris Tweed wool blazer from Scotland.  While we were there this past fall, we were told by our tour guide that the "best" wool to buy was from Harris Tweed.  I almost feel guilty felting this one.  However, it will be repurposed into other cool projects.  



I always find wool in the brown colors, so I was so happy to find these wool skirts in blue.  Most were $3.49 each.  So, now I have a laundry basket full of skirts, blazers and shirts to rip apart and felt along with a few blankets.  


This week, I will also be painting my new booth at Jackie's Antique Mall.  These are the things I'm working on.  How about you?  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://www.beyondthepicket-fence.com/2017/01/talk-of-town-link-party_17.html
Post a Comment