Monday, January 23, 2017

Motivational Monday - No Excuses



I saw this quote and thought it would make a good Motivational Monday post.  First, it's very true.  When we really want to do something, we find a way to do it.  Likewise, if we don't, we will find an excuse.  

I really don't like when people give me excuses.  Just ask my girls.  I might have said the following; "I'm tired too and you don't see me complaining about it"  (especially while unloading hay) "if I can do it so can you."  They have heard things like this from me their whole life.  I guess I view excuses as a weakness.  I mean, if you're a strong person, you do what you say and say what you do, without excuse. 

So, why is it, I find myself making excuses in some areas of my life?  It's not like I don't want to achieve a positive result, it just seems so overwhelming and hard to get there.   

Here is something I've made excuses for:   I have to clean out my pole building.  I haven't been able to see the inventory in the back of it for years.  My excuses range from..."oh, it's too hot/cold to work out there, I don't know where to put the stuff I want, I don't have time to look it all up, what if I sell something too cheap."  These and more have all but stopped my productivity.  That, and I keep bringing more home.   The fact that I haven't dealt with this has also cost me - I have had to turn down estates that have way better stuff than what I have in my pole building because I don't have the room.   What kind of an excuse is that?!?

So, today I wake with a new attitude.  Listen here Dicky Bird, no more excuses!  Get going and take one step at a time, (or in my case, one box at a time).  Positive thinking can move mountains - which I literally have, boxes of mountains - in my pole building.  

Whatever it is you might be making an excuse for, look at it with a new attitude and tackle it.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


1 comment: