Friday, January 27, 2017

Five on Friday - Taking Care of Yourself

My week didn't go quite as planned.  I ended up with the stomach flu last Saturday - on the bathroom floor kinda weekend.  I had some commitments and appointments for Monday and Tuesday so I "made" myself feel better - I did, I guess - or maybe I didn't.  I push myself too hard.  Anyway, I relapsed, however, this time because I was sick I didn't take or forgot to take my blood pressure pill for several days.  So, after a terrible night of horrid eating dreams...lol...I woke to a complete melt down.   I hate to admit, but true.




So, with that said, my Five on Friday is about taking care of yourself - or at least a reminder for me to. 

1.  Take your medicine - literally and figuratively.  
2.  Drink your water - (dry heaves are no fun)
3.  Take one day at a time - tomorrow will come on it's own
4.  Cry - "have yourself a merry little meltdown" - it helps
5.  Pray more/worry less - mind/body/spirit are all connected

On a positive note - I lost 4.5 pounds.

Here's to moving forward to a more productive weekend.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://lovemademyhome.blogspot.com/2017/01/five-on-friday-linkup-number-8.html

7 comments:

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Jacky! I'm so sorry you were so sick! I hope you are feeling much better now! That's not a good way to lose four pounds! Pushing yourself so hard, why? You are a very strong lady! But I know you will bounce back and be better than before! You will definitely learn from this! Thank you for sharing! Enjoy this weekend! Blessings from Bama!

collettakay said...

I hope you are feeling better! Being sick is NOT fun!

I hope you can stop by:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/01/tea-time-report-cards-and-stationary.html

Colletta

Amy at love made my home said...

So sorry to hear that you have been unwell, I hope that you are now looking after yourself and are feeling much better. You are so right, taking care of yourself is very important isn't it. I have had a couple of sobs this week and you are right, I think sometimes you just need to have a sob don't you! Let us hope we are both sob free next week though!

Sharon Koole said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. It really gets you down and you need a good cry! Hope next week is better for you.

Happy Five on Friday

Mac n' Janet said...

Sorry you've been ill, I try to take my medications at the same time every day and that's helps me remember. Being sick is an awful way to lose weight.

Lorrie said...

I hope you're feeling much better. You are right about your 5 suggestions. Having a good cry sometimes relieves a lot of tension.

Bee Lady said...

Oh my gosh I'm praying alright...that the stomach flu does not hit our household. The other flu (fever, chills, coughing) got a hold of my Shug about a month ago, and doesn't want to let go. We leave for Florida Sunday and I don't want any sickness! You probably would have just heaved your meds back up if you did take them. Glad you are on the mend! Horrible way to lose weight!

Cindy