Friday, January 27, 2017

Five on Friday - Taking Care of Yourself

My week didn't go quite as planned.  I ended up with the stomach flu last Saturday - on the bathroom floor kinda weekend.  I had some commitments and appointments for Monday and Tuesday so I "made" myself feel better - I did, I guess - or maybe I didn't.  I push myself too hard.  Anyway, I relapsed, however, this time because I was sick I didn't take or forgot to take my blood pressure pill for several days.  So, after a terrible night of horrid eating dreams...lol...I woke to a complete melt down.   I hate to admit, but true.




So, with that said, my Five on Friday is about taking care of yourself - or at least a reminder for me to. 

1.  Take your medicine - literally and figuratively.  
2.  Drink your water - (dry heaves are no fun)
3.  Take one day at a time - tomorrow will come on it's own
4.  Cry - "have yourself a merry little meltdown" - it helps
5.  Pray more/worry less - mind/body/spirit are all connected

On a positive note - I lost 4.5 pounds.

Here's to moving forward to a more productive weekend.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://lovemademyhome.blogspot.com/2017/01/five-on-friday-linkup-number-8.html

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jacky! I'm so sorry you were so sick! I hope you are feeling much better now! That's not a good way to lose four pounds! Pushing yourself so hard, why? You are a very strong lady! But I know you will bounce back and be better than before! You will definitely learn from this! Thank you for sharing! Enjoy this weekend! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! Being sick is NOT fun!

    I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/01/tea-time-report-cards-and-stationary.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you have been unwell, I hope that you are now looking after yourself and are feeling much better. You are so right, taking care of yourself is very important isn't it. I have had a couple of sobs this week and you are right, I think sometimes you just need to have a sob don't you! Let us hope we are both sob free next week though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you weren't feeling well. It really gets you down and you need a good cry! Hope next week is better for you.

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've been ill, I try to take my medications at the same time every day and that's helps me remember. Being sick is an awful way to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling much better. You are right about your 5 suggestions. Having a good cry sometimes relieves a lot of tension.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I'm praying alright...that the stomach flu does not hit our household. The other flu (fever, chills, coughing) got a hold of my Shug about a month ago, and doesn't want to let go. We leave for Florida Sunday and I don't want any sickness! You probably would have just heaved your meds back up if you did take them. Glad you are on the mend! Horrible way to lose weight!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete