Monday, July 7, 2014

Motivation Monday - If It Doesn't Kill You...It Will Make You Stronger

We made hay this past weekend.  I love to ride the wagon and stack the hay - unloading the wagon - another story.  While we were unloading the hay, Anna screams..."it's wrapped around my leg - it's a snake!"  She threw the bale down.  I've seen those tiny red belly snakes in the bales before, but this - never...



This is what we call up here a Pine snake.  I tried to pull it out of the bale.  I was sure it was dead, but as I pulled the snake, he struggled to crawl deeper into the bale.  Anna ran and got a scissors and we cut him out of the bale.  



He quickly slithered down the side of the hay wagon



We watched as he tried to get away, only to find some curious hens, to which he was striking at.  So, Al picked him up and moved him to the manure pile.  I don't hate snakes, I just don't want them in my hay or near my chicken coop.  






So, for this Motivation Monday, keeping this snake story in mind...you might find yourself like the "snake" struggling to free yourself out of a situation beyond your control.  I know I have tried to work my way out of a tight spot a time or two.  Sometimes, the more we struggle, the more entangled we become.   I consider myself to be a rather strong person, both physically and spiritually.  I really don't like to ask for help.   Actually, this snake didn't, couldn't - I just helped him out of the bale.  He did the rest by sliding down the wagon.  

Once he was on the ground, he was moving rather slow, but still had energy enough to strike at those hens.  You know what they say, "that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..." I'm sure this snake learned that lesson. 

We can too.  Every trial we face, is a lesson.  The next time you find yourself in a tight spot - think of this snake story.  We all need a helping hand at times.  If you know of someone who is struggling, BE that helping hand.  Don't wait for them to ask for help - maybe they can't/won't - just do what YOU can to help them.   They might "slither" away and strike back at you - they might not even say thank you - help them anyway.  

Just my observations....Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:  http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2014/07/homestead-barn-hop-166.html#sthash.it1wo6HT.dpbs

http://www.oakhillhomestead.com/2014/07/the-homeacre-hop-78.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jacky! I love how you associated the lesson with the snake! Isn't God good to teach us lessons through experiences like that? You and Al are so brave to even touch a snake! I could never do that! I'm just glad I'm not afraid of the ones I see in the hen house, only angry! The ones I don't see (poisonous) are the ones to be afraid of! But that's another lesson you can share with us one day! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's a beauty! i like how you did it from the snake's point of view. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES !!! That would motivated me for sure lol ! Nature has it's ways doesn't in teaching us humans ! Wonderful photos ! Thanks for sharing , have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you tied the story into the snake, but all I can think about is how I would have peed my pants if I grabbed that bale of hay and saw that guy! .....shivers.....

    ReplyDelete