Friday, April 4, 2014

Strong Will - "I'm Broken"

It has been said, "boy you sure have a stong will."  Yes, I can be stubborn.  Just the other day, I threw a 2 year old temper tantrum about a candy bar....a candy bar!  

"I want a candy bar!"  I yelled.  "and, I hate rules...and I hate people telling me what to do...I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it....!"  There was more, but you get the idea.  My daughter Anna said, "Mom, what is your problem?"  It all boiled down to the fact that I couldn't eat that candy bar without feeling guilty!  I figured out the weight watcher points and it just wasn't worth it!  But, I wanted it..."why do I have to count these stupid points anyway....I want a big mac with fries!"  (WAAA!)

I told you, a big 2 year old tantrum.  I would NEVER let my kids act like this.  I wouldn't tolerate it.  Someone must have tolerated it in me - bless her heart!

This had me thinking about my being stubborn and having a strong will.  I have a strong will, but for all the wrong reasons. 

I wish I could say that I used my strong will toward my health and better eating habits - nope failed.  I've fallen off the wagon and gained back 10 or so pounds.  I think of ways to take less steps to accomplish my work! 

Or, I wish I could say, I put my strong will to good use in my faith and relationship with Jesus - nope failed.  I have been the most unfaithful person around.  I struggle with finding the time to pray and read my bible.  And, now I'm helping my brother Frank - as a Sunday School teacher!  How did that happen?

Or, I wish I could say, I put my strong will to good use in making me keep my house clean and doing daily chores - nope failed at that too.  I am a hoarder and have junk all over.  I fight with myself daily to throw anything away.  In fact, I have pole buildings full of stuff I should get rid of!

So, in light of my revelation and lack of "using" my strong will for good - (with great power comes great responsiblity...super hero mode).  I am going to use my strong will against myself!  



This may sound silly, but I'm a simple minded person.  Wish me luck and if you pray - say some for me.  At times I can really see just how "broken" I am.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

6 comments:

  1. oh, heck. i am cracked and broken and resistant to what is best for me every.single.day... good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all are, dear..God bless.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, that goes triplicate...me too, but still smiling~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome revelation God has given you, Jacky! You can use your strong will against yourself; ultimately empowering yourself to do the things God would have you to do! You win! Yay! Can't wait to read more! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jacky, been there - done that over and over again. I know you are strong willed, and a lot of people in your community count on you. Don't be so harsh on yourself, fall down, get up and carry on like only you can. As I was coughing up a lung the other day I started sliding down the self pity slide then God set a situation much worse than mine in front of my eyes and I straightened right up! Just like getttng grabbed by the ankles and snapped back into shape (thank God round is a shape :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll come clean it out for you~~hikchik

    ReplyDelete