Friday, April 25, 2014

More with Martha

More with Martha, the little hen who wants to make a nest on my porch.  She is getting broody.  Here she is sitting on the cat's pillow and blanket - again.



She "lets" me pet her - as long as I don't try to take her egg

Yesterday, it rained on and off all day.   That wasn't stopping Martha as she sat on that pillow all day.  So, last night when we returned from church, I had to pick up - an ever so wet hen - and carry her back to the chicken coop.   What a silly girl!  She didn't even have an egg...

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


4 comments:

  1. I think Martha has the right idea, that comfy pillow looks much more cozy than a heading back to the coop!
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those silkies are very determined. No egg needed. Glad you are catering to her. She just can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a very determined girl. What a fun place to choose to set, even eggless. What does the cat think about it all?
    Thank you for sharing this at the HomeAcre Hop; I hope you'll join us again this Thursday.
    Kathi at Oak Hill Homestead

    ReplyDelete