Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grilled Lamb Chops


Grilled lamb chops, grilled sweet potatoes and grilled veggie bundles.  Super EASY and keeps your kitchen clean. 
 
This is our home raised lamb.  Trim off most of the fat.
 


Marinade lamb chops for several hours.  Here is my recipe:  2T honey, 2T red wine vinegar, 2T balsamic vinegar, 2T olive oil, 2T Tastefully Simple Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix and 1t Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic, S&P
 
 




Do not over cook the lamb.  I cook mine like 5 min on each side for larger pieces and take the smaller ones off a little sooner.  Lamb is best medium rare. 

I also grilled some sweet potatoes - I actually did these first as they take about 25 - 30 minutes on the grill.  I just cut them in half and drizzled with olive oil, s & p. 


I had some fresh veggies, some from my garden and others from the farmer's market.  I diced up carrots, zucchini, celery, onions and green peppers.  Mixed them together with olive oil, s & p and Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic.  I then made foil bundles and put them on the grill after about 15 minutes after the sweet potatoes.




Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

http://www.tillysnest.com/2013/07/down-home-blog-hopnumber-47-natural.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TillysNest+%28Tilly%27s+Nest%29

4 comments:

  1. YUMMMM!!!! What time is dinner? lol It all looks amazingly good, and makes my mouth water. Thanks for getting the taste buds watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacky! Your food looks amazingly delicious! That's awesome you raised the lamb! I never thought to grill sweet potatoes, they look delicious! I haven't seen that spice mixture around here. Is it something you ordered? Thanks for starving me, I mean thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious looking meal. I love grilling veggies too but haven't had lamb since the folks raised sheep so very many moons ago. Mom always served it with mint jelly.
    Life at your place looks good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a meal that we'd have around here. Love lamb chops on the grill! My go-to seasoning is a rub of rosemary, dill, salt and pepper. Brings out the flavor without covering it.

    ReplyDelete