Monday, January 21, 2013

Lesson 3 - How to Turn it Over to Jesus

If you have been reading, these lesson posts go in order. 

Lesson 1:  Learning to NEED Jesus
Lesson 2:  Learning to TRUST Jesus
and now;
Lesson 3:  Learning to LISTEN to Jesus

Life was pretty good; kids doing well in school, Mom and Dad back home from nursing homes, business growing, farm life busy, planning a garden....you know, normal life.  Well, that all changed too.

Anna, our youngest daughter was 11 at the time.  She had been having problems with urinary tract infections.  It seemed like one right after the other for about 3 months.  Then she started to have blood in her urine.  The several trips to the doctor, only sent us home with more antibiotics.  

Anna was having problems at school because she was having to excuse herself to use the bathroom so many times.  I remember the day so clearly, the school called, Anna wasn't feeling well and I went to pick her up.  I was determined to find out what was wrong with her.  I drove over to our doctor's office and said...."there has to be something wrong here."  Our doctor called his friend, a urologist and they made an appointment for that afternoon.  

As we entered the clinic - Urology Associates of Wisconsin - they had a bulletin board all decorated and it said "Bladder Cancer Awareness Month" - we had some time, so I read over all the symptoms.  You know that pit in your stomach feeling...that still small voice in your head - it was a spiritual thing.  I instantly knew that Anna had bladder cancer.  I looked at her and said;  "Anna, you have bladder cancer, Jesus just revealed it to me, but it will be O.K.  We will make it through this with His help."  We didn't even get into the doctor's office and I had my answer.  

I ran out to my car, called my sister, Lynn (she is a nurse).  I told her "Lynn, Anna has bladder cancer."   She said "No, how do you know?"  I said "We haven't been into the doctor yet, but Jesus just revealed it to me."  She said "don't claim that yet till you hear him say it."  I tried to explain to her what I had just experienced in that waiting room - it was a Jesus thing - and I couldn't explain it.

They called us into his office, he examined her and said her bladder was FULL.  He had his nurse put a catheter in.  Poor Anna filled not only 1 huge cylinder, but another half way as well.  He looked at us and said I want to do a cystoscopy of her bladder tomorrow.  We agreed to go to the hospital in the morning for the tests.  

I didn't tell him what Jesus revealed to me.  I decided to wait on that.  How was I able to know that Jesus revealed this to me?  I looked back at the lessons He already brought me through.  I had the faith to say:  Lesson 1:  To NEED Jesus - we sure did, cancer is scary.  Lesson 2:  To TRUST Jesus - I couldn't control what I was going to do or say in Court - I didn't have to - I instantly knew I could trust Jesus and turn the control of this situation over to him.  I had peace knowing that Anna isn't my child, she is His.  He knows what is best for us.  He is in control.

Lesson 3:  Learning to LISTEN to Jesus.  When I read that bulletin board and knew Anna had all the symptoms - I heard it in my heart - Jesus revealed it to me, He gave us peace!

"The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty."  "The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace."  Psalm 29: 4 & 11

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin. 

1 comment: