Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sometimes I Amaze Myself With My Cluelessness!

So, my Mom is in a nursing home for rehab.  It can be long lonely days for anyone in one of these facilities.  Anyway, I was reading the bible to her (KJV) .  I was trying to find comforting verses to read, so I was reading in I Corinthians 13.  We were enjoying that so we moved on to chapter 14 then 15.

Now to my own defense, I just watched ET the night before on the old movie channel.  And, my Mom loves the SciFi channel she watches it ALL the time.  We got to the verse in I Cor. 15:40:  "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial; but the glory of the celestial is one and the glory of the terrestrial is another."

Now, wait a minute...I've been going to church my whole life and never heard a sermon on aliens!  So I stopped and said "Mom, it says right here in bible that there are terrestrials...you know like ET".  She said "well, no one ever told me that before"  It was like we had this big revelation about aliens or something. 

I've also been watching the History Channel.  They have been showing documentaries about 2012 predictions.  One of the episodes showed Mayan drawings that looked liked aliens.  Also, another talked about Enoch, he was in the bible and it says that he was and was not - (taken in the clouds).  I also saw a posting on the Internet about this star constellation that is coming toward Earth and it will pass the closest ever to us.  It is of a man with a sickle and made reference to the book of Revelation where John sees a man with a sickle in the sky - an end times sign.  You know if God chose a star to show his first coming why wouldn't he use a star for his second. 

Anyway, all of this information has been floating around in my head and reading this scripture was like....wow...it is all tied in together.  So I come home and tell my daughter Justine, "guess what, the bible talks about ETs"  she is like What???  So I read her the scripture, she says "Mom WE are terrestrial, you know living on land, Earth!  I say "Oh really, I didn't know we were called that!"  Totally shot a hole in my alien theory.  Clueless Blessings from Wisconsin!

No comments:

Post a Comment