Friday, November 6, 2020

Farmhouse Friday - Daily Grind

Good Farmhouse Friday morning.  The weather here in Marathon County Wisconsin has been glorious!   I took advantage of it, by working outside and cleaning up the barnyard before the snow.  I still need to winterize the chicken coop, Al needs to pull by business trailers under the lean, take out all the wire cages from the garden so they don't blow away and put the patio set away.  We have the weekend to do that.  

Speaking of working outside, I had to clean up a "mess" outside my pole building before the snow.  It was so nice out that I pulled out 10 or so lots each day to sell on my 

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/1914536328603700  

I was able to meet with people for SOLD item pick ups too.  I actually am very pleased with what I was able to accomplish this summer in my destashing.  One of my friends came to pick up her items and I "let" her look in my pole building (I rarely, let anyone in there as it should be on an episode of Hoarders) as bad as it still is, she said "well, you're making progress."  Then she holds up a doll size drying rack with a broken leg, "should I put this in burn pile?"  "No, I said, here is it's leg."  She smiled and put it back...help me Lord...baby steps.

While I was working, this was Dolly.  She is getting so thin, she is 13 now and this is how I will remember her, sitting in the sun  and supervising all the activity in the yard.


Al made us a "gym" in the barn.  We have been going out to the barn, after supper, walking, he rides an exercise bike and hold our bunnies.  I look forward to this routine during the long winter months.  I figure, in boots and Carharts I'll really be working out!



Nellie, was hanging on to the carrot.  She is so cute, but still fiesty, she almost nips me daily.  "Hey, I just gave you a carrot" ahaha.  

My kids were sick this week, so I made some chicken and wild rice soup and gave them a "care" package.   I made a bed of herbs, celery, onions and roasted the chicken breasts on top.  I really like the seasoning in the picture too.





I worked the first 6 days of this week, now today, I'm going to have fun.  I am off to Shawano and Bonduel to drop off some SOLD lots and go thrifting.  Not that I need a thing...but, no harm in looking.  (wink, wink).  

What is going on with you this Friday?  I would love to hear about it.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

 

6 comments:

  1. Ooooo, that soup looks soooo good... Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon...and Nellie is adorabel!! I am running a day late (and likely much more than a dollar short), but I escaped to the lake if you are still interested in what we did on Friday LOL. I really and truly am in need of some unplugging and recharging. It has been such unexpectedly beautifully unseasonable weather these past several days, but that's about all that has been good about them me thinks. I am glad you got yourself mostly wintereized....but, um, you would never ever catch me going out in the cold to exercise LOL Your post reminded me that I still have a few things to "collect"...Let me know what might work for you sometime...I am in no hurry, but I don't want to forget...and I WILL be coming back one of these days. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah homemade soup always does wonders for the soul. I can smell it from here! You Nellie is a cutie too. Janice

    ReplyDelete