Sunday, November 8, 2020

Are you Karen or Carin'?

 First, I had to have someone explain to me what a "Karen" is.  I did Google it too.  As I thought about it, was there a term like "Karen" used on any other generation of women?  I can't think of one, if you know of one, please leave a comment.   

I will not let the term "Karen" define my generation of women or use the term to make an excuse for a coniviction.  I will do my part to show the younger and honestly even older women that a "Karen" can choose to be "carin'" (I had to say in slangish to make it rhyme)

I am appalled and saddened at the comments on social media between ladies that I graduated with.  The women of my age, all acting like "Karen" democrats and republicans.  I know it says that a, "Karen" is an angry white woman - all ya all fittin' that bill.  I know better than to comment on ANY political post, because you all are "Karens."  I wanted to comment some kind words or something that would bring unity.  I went to bed last night so sad!  You are all being so mean to one another.   Who cares who did what first, when, to whom - come one now "Karen" ..... you know I speak truth!  The women of our age group are missing an opportunity to be carin' (caring) and not "Karen."  

Do I think "this or that" about it all?  Of course I do!  We all are entitled to our own opinion.  Will I still stand on my convictions?  Of course I will!   No comment, mean, hurtful or otherwise will make me change my mind on any of it.  

So, I woke to these 2 words - Karen and carin' - that was enough for me.  Therefore, this middle aged woman is going to do her part not to be defined as a "Karen."  Rather, I choose my mother and her generation as an example.  Like them, I will be "carin" for my family, community, church and others.  I will choose my words carefully, show kindness and mercy, speak truth when asked and love to the best of my abilty.  This is HOW you show who you are.  Actions speak louder than words!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin

2 comments:

  1. Well....this was a new one on me..... I truly have never heard the term "Karen" ... I only knew of it as a woman's name. I just googled it. Wowsers.... While I let that sink in and be absorbed, I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I do have convictions...and strong political beliefs (as you likely know), but I have learned to "not go there" in these sad days unless I know the person well enough to know they will respect my opinion...and one that MIGHT be diferent than theirs. I guess I don't know many people very well after all it turns out. Very sad. But some like me are glad there are people lie you in the world. Sunday Blessings ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete