Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Dicky Bird's Pantry Cookie

 What to do on a snowy unmotivated Monday?  Bake.  Baking is my comfort.  So, I looked in the pantry, what do I have?  A bit of this and a bit of that (I already have a cookie with that name....teehee).  So, I decided to call it a pantry cookie.


I love to make up recipes.  It's not that hard to do.  Cookies are easier because every recipe has a ratio of wet to dry.  

This is how I made them:

1/2 C butter

1/2 C vegetable shortening

1 C brown sugar

1C sugar

Cream together, add

2 large eggs

1 C applesauce

1 T cinnamon

1 t baking soda

1 t baking powder

1/2 t salt

3 C oatmeal

mix together, add

3 C flour

2 C raisins

2 C flaked coconut

2 C chips (I did white chocolate)

mix together and drop by large rounded tablespoon on to parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake 350 for 14-16 minutes until the tops are light brown.  These are a soft cookie and this make 3 dozen large cookies.  





I hope you give these a try.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



4 comments:

  1. You are making me hungry. May have to whip up a batch of cookies myself now. TFS Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful, I will certainly be giving them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh do these look (and sound!!) wonderful!!! I'm a cookie freak...and I do love baking, but try not to as I am the only one here who eats them. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete