Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Planning Ahead for 2021

 Well, this area was at one time the riding arena, our daughters did enjoy it.  Now, well, we have to "work it up" anyway, so Al decided to plow it under.  Thank the Lord, he didn't get stung, because he plowed over 3 ground hornet's nests.  He actually has been trying to kill them for days...it was bad...hundreds of white larva...hundreds!  The chickens wouldn't even eat them.   We are planning a section of flower garden up here, maybe it will keep the deer entertained and not eating my vegetable garden.  One can plan, but never predict when it comes to gardening...so, we will see.   2021 sunflowers and wildflower field?  I would love to just mix a big ol' pail of all that and plant it...see what comes up with the weeds...ahahaha




 Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  
 

4 comments:

  1. We had to take my dad t the hospital once when he got stung by bees painting the barn. So glad he was alright. I stepped on a ground hornet once barefoot...not fun either. So glad Al was ok. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a sunflower field. I just can't seem to grow them...or anything due to deer. It's strange as I don't even live in the countryside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't like the sound of all those hornets and nests yuk! So glad Al was OK. Nice to make plans for the future, however small.

    ReplyDelete