Thursday, September 24, 2020

Autumn of Life

 I've been thinking about life lately.  The ups and downs, joys and sorrows, yes even the shoulda, coulda, woulda kinds of things.  I guess overall, I'm happy with my major life decisions.  I married a true helpmate, we both were young and didn't know any better, so we grew together.  We have 2 beautiful (inside and out) daughters, that are independent, strong, successful and self motivated.  They married their helpmates - each with their own set of talents that complimented each daughter.  During all of that living we experienced a full blessed life.  Al and I dealt with what life handed us to the best to our ability.  

So, as I was driving home from babysitting yesterday, my "fun" day!  And, I noticed all the beautiful colorful maple trees this year.  I really, don't remember them being so red and colorful in past years; just deep reds with hughes of pink.  This is in our back field and edge of the woods.  I want to go back and cut some branches for decorating.  


Then it hit me, I'm in the autumn of my life.  I've lived through spring and a blessed childhood.  I've had a productive summer; planting, weeding, producing, building, tending and nurturing a home, farm and family.  I'm now an autumn.  I don't look at it like, "well, I'm done now" or "now my leaves are shriveling up and dying" - nope!  I want to be like these beautiful maple trees.  Why did this one get so red?  

Yes, life has changed for me.  I was telling part of this to my friend Lisa whom just so happens to have been "chugging along the tracks of life next to me" (sometimes we're the engine and sometimes we're the caboose....ahahha).  But, she is the one I most feel understands "this" about me and herself the best because we have shared so many of the same experiences.  Yes, we are in the autumn of our lives.  Reader...it goes by fast!  

I guess, I want to be like these red maples.  Not that I want to stand out amoungst the other trees.  However, I want to remind myself that yes, spring has the new seedlings, summer the blooms .... but, oh autumn...I forgot your beauty!  Thanks nature for another life lesson!


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I always feel like the caboose. LOL I have noticed the red trees more this year than ever. Not sure why though. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post! The older I grow the more comfortable I feel in my own skin. I don't want to stand out, but I want others to know that just because you are in the Autumn of your life it doesn't mean you can't learn new things and do things you never thought you'd do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos show autumn's season and trees have glorious colors. My age is such that I may be in either the autumn or the winter of my life. Closer to the end than the beginning that is for certain. Yet the last seasons have much richness in them.

    ReplyDelete