Monday, September 14, 2020

Motivational Monday - Everything Old is New Again

 Everything old is new again.  What a quote!  You know I researched it, I believe it orginated from Jonathon Swift (1667-1745).  He may be the "first" to say this...he for sure wasn't and won't be the last.  

I was thinking about this quote in light of current trends in home decorating.  The most prolific influencer in home style currently, is Joanna Gaines, Magnolia Farms, probably, hands down.  Whatever we saw on Fixer Upper is what began to be trending.  I have to tell you, I watched her YouTube video this morning and found out that "Rythm" is the title of her fall theme in decor.  I LOVE it!  Everything old is new again.  She is bringing back....all the stuff I love....now, mine is "vintage" ahahah.  Her intention with coming up with "rythm" is right on point!  

Thinking about old, new and rythm is what inspired this Motivational Monday post.  I know some of these posts have been about my rather personal journey of "progression" this year.  This one will be too...

The younger me, without tooting my own horn, has accomplished quite a few "new" things and or ideals for our area.  The younger me, would often hear from the older version of me..."well, I've done that before" or "you aren't the 'first' to do that."  I pledged right then and there, that when it was my time to be the "old stag" on top of the hill.....I would NOT fight the "young buck."  I've tried my best to live up to that challenge.  You know, before social media - no one did anything, right? My keeping to my oath, has become easier the older I get.  I can actually now laugh when I see it in myself and truthfully others.

I'm sure that decades ago, when the "new" trend was (fill in the blank) the old trend setters were like...hey, we did that "first."  Well, probably not....

Many people have been given credit to "everything old is new again" - however, it first was in print centuries ago.  Maybe Jonathon Swift heard it from someone else?  We will never know.  Just like we will never know all the other trend setters whom did amazing things long before social media.  


(Our booth 1990 someting....Art in the Park, Wausau, WI...we won buyer's choice ribbon multiple times)


(one of many "seasonal sales/events" at either Lisa's or my barns...1990 something...)

O.k. where are you going Dicky Bird, this isn't motivating!  

It is though!  Everything old is new again!  Life is a rythm!  Our "role" changes during each stage.  You can either be "off" beat, or harmonious, the choice is yours.  

When you can accept the old you, flaws, mistakes and all, you open up the door for a new you.  Only guess what, we, the old, has the wisdom from the lessons...the rythm.  I know it is challenging not to look at the "new" and feel "old" - you know what, they may be looking - up - to you the the "old."  I had a younger customer remind me of this recently.  If you are now the "old stag" don't fight with the "young buck."  You have new challenges, adventures, paths of your own, which probably are old to another.  I would motivate you, (me) to march to your own beat, but, keep in rythm.  Don't be "off" beat, rather strive to be harmonious with self and others.

(I found this on social media, pinterest, instagram, can't remember - but, I LOVE it!)

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



1 comment:

  1. Everything old is new again. That is quite the quote and certainly gives us food for thought.

    ReplyDelete