Monday, September 28, 2020

Motivational Monday - "See, 'you' not too old"

 Welcome to Motivational Monday, brought to you today by the 3 year old "little" in my life....and the letters "C, U (not) the number 2 and the word old"

Over the past several months, I have been spending a day a week with a little love in my life.  She made me "Gramma Bird."  As 3 year olds go, she is full of energy, "I do it, myself all by myself" kinda girl - and I love that!  You can try to teach independence, but it has to come from your core.  Anyway, she likes to come up with crazy, little things to do and then says, "now it's you're turn."  O.k. some I physically can do, other times, not so much.  She also is a little copy cat.  I have a bit of a gimpy, weak leg and back - so doing some of these things - I do them with a limp, or hands waving to balance.  Then the next time she does them...I roll on the ground laughing...to see her imitating my doing it that way.  She oftens hears, "oh, I can't do that, Gramma Bird is too old" or "Gramma Bird's legs don't bend that way." ahahaha and they don't!  "That's O.k." she says.

Yesterday, Al took the tractor and brush hog over to our daughter, Justine's business Wholehearted Herd Counseling to cut and "winterize" per say the field.  While he was doing that, we climbed on the car hauler and started to do little "tricks" and "dances" like it was a stage.  Oh, for some reason, thanks Lori Ullenbrauck for bringing up PeeWee Herman...the Tequila song...(help!)...came to my mind.  So off to singing it I go.  She would do one dance move and then say "now you do it."  We danced and laughed.  Then she pulls a "move" I knew I couldn't do...I must have made a face or something, because before I could say it, she says "you too old to do it, Gramma Bird?"  Well, that's it....game on....I'm not going to get out done by a 3 year old.  So on the floor of the trailer bed I go to imitate the moves she just made.  When I was able to do it...she in her little cute happy voice says...."See!! You Not To Old Gramma Bird!"  She was like my little cheerleader.  I wasn't "too old" to do it.  Just like that, inspiration for Motivational Monday.  

You know, often times, we may use excuses for our not doing something we actually can do.  Our physical limitations may not allow it to be done in the same way, as fast or even in the "right" way, but we can still do it "our" way.  I know this goes in line with Thursday's post: Autumn of Life which truthfully, I was going to go in a different direction today.  Which was one more of an accpetance of my current circumstances.  However, I am motivated to remind myself..."you are not too old!"  Get up, get ready to kick some A.., your's first, Dicky Bird...and get moving.  

I hope you can find that little cheerleader voice in your life.  Encourage youself.  You can do (fill in the blank), you can.  It may take you longer, your path and journey won't look like another's and it shouldn't!  It's your journey.  I have been digging deep into my emotional well - thanks to Noom!  Yes, the weight loss program.  It is helping me with WAAAYYY more other "issues" in my life, the weight loss is coming secondary.  

For the first time in decades, weight loss isn't my first concern, even though, doctor's orders tell me otherwise.  I have made a PROGRESSION to better living over the past 6 months.  Better living....for me, involved my having to scratch off old scabs so that they may heal right.  I've made steps forward and even fallen back on some, but I'm moving in the right direction.  

I've had several friends ask about Noom because they can see the weight loss....what they can't see, is the "weight" of loss!  I can't let someone get the "better of me" - including me!  It's a struggle, let me tell you, cuz, I'm one tough old (Dicky) bird!



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. I love how your own little cheerleader gets you to try all sorts of fun things and how she reminds you that you are not too old. Who is that in the last photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. That is me and Peppy our daughter's horse at her house.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of using the vehicle as a stage and have this imagine of you all dancing, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you had with your granddaughter! What a beautiful horse too! Janice

    ReplyDelete