Saturday, August 29, 2020

Wind Down of Summer

 I'm not sure about all the rest of you, but I had a productive summer.  Covid 19 got nothin' on me.  I actually lost...my Covid 19 and then some.  I will post more on my Progression (word of the year) about that journey later on.  

I even did some "Lady Godiva" pictures for Al.  My hair is the longest it's been for decades, so I took advantage of an evening's light, tall weeds and "nothin" more (advantage of country living).  They are really cute pictures, I wish I could share, but Al doesn't want me to.  I see them as "art" why America is so bent on nudity is beyond me.....one should embrace themselves at whatever age or size they are.  But, I will tell you I LOVE them, you can't really even see anything because of my hair and tall grass/weeds.

Al and I did "work" all summer.  Different projects around the farm.  I did my fair share of sorting, staging and selling - events, virtually and LIVE.  It may not look like I made much progression in my buildings, but it didn't all get there in one summer either.  I know what I've done, how I've done it and will give myself the credit for my progression and convidence in moving forward to do more.  



We won't be able to do our 24th Annual Ringle Harvest Day this year.  Our small, rural community accepts so much for 1 day as it is.  Thousands of people walking around in their yards, we had to consider their opinions and wishes first.  It's for the best for me anyway, as I am doing a big sale here on September 25 & 26.  I asked other Ringle residents to join in and now it will be "Round Ringle Rummages."  I could never take as much stuff as I want to sell to my booth, even though it's just a mile down the road.  Now, I can fill some hay wagons and flat trailers and really move it out.  That's my plan, anyway.  

I plan to savor the last few days of summer; warm tomato from the vine, chickens under my feet, Robin's chirp, smell of hay oh and maybe my sunkissed feet.....teeheee...thanks Keen sandles.


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


5 comments:

  1. You are keeping busy I see, with all your projects, and your Lady Godivaesque photos, which sound artistic. I hope that is a tan on your tootsies and not a sunburn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol the sun kissed feet! Mine usually look like that when I've been to England out and about in my sandals. Sadly not this year. I mostly wear hiking boots when I'm off on my walks.

    That sounds like a great photo shoot! Good for you on the photos. I hate photos of myself. I am forcing myself to do them so there will be some of me when I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Godiva eh! How fun to do this for Al. Could not do that around where I live. I see you wear sandals too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha...If I did that for my husband, he'd run the other way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun posing for a Lady Godiva photo. My feet are looking the same from wearing sandals, not a good look. Sounds like you have everything sorted for maximum displays and sales.

    ReplyDelete