Friday, August 28, 2020

It's Cool in Schoolsville

 This is the fictional story that continues with Maragarite an English teacher at Tinley Park High School.  This is the premise of our VIRTUAL August Sale Event Link here:  It's Cool in Schoolsville

The garage clean up came to an end, just as Margarite was getting ready to start back teaching for the school year.  As she looked around her newly decorated space, she took out her journal and began to reflect on what a wonderful summer she had.  She cozied up in the chair by the window.  

"June 22, 1956 - spent the day weeding garden and flower bed.  Saw an eagle fly over.  Met the friendly couple at the local shop."  "July 4, 1956 - spent the day by the lake, it was a hot one today.  Silly litte chipmunk "Timmy" is the subject of my 'great novel?' who would have thought, I would get my inspiration from him."  "August 8, 1956 - driving back home, oh I will miss this little cottage." As she read each entry, she could hardly believe the twists and turns in her life in such a short time.  "August 15, 1956 - while cleaning in the garage, I found some old photos of women.  I don't know who they were, but to look at them, you can tell that they were strong women.  I will keep them."  "August 20, 1956, Mrs. Klein told me the most amazing story about Mr. Stencil.  He was an entomologist from Kansas.  He spent one year of hiatus in apartment 12 writing his book "The Diary of Box Elder Bugs."  I think I will keep his old typewriter."  




Margarite put the journal down.  She put on her newly stiched monogram "M" apron to make herself a cup of tea.  As she waited for the water to boil, she looked around her cherry little kitchen.  She thought of the wonderful cottage garden she tended over the summer.  "Maybe, I'll ask Mrs. Klein if I can plant some flowers and have a garden next year."  Cup in hand, she sat settled back in the comfy chair by the window.  Just then she saw Cindy and Betty pass.  They happen to glance in the direction of the window and Maragrite made sure to wave.  "Good ol' Mr. Johnson" she thought "I will do my best to keep up with your tradition to wave."  She grabbed her journal and began to plan the garden space.  "It could even be a community garden," she thought.  Margarite didn't have experience with gardening, so she decided she would buy a book and study different varieties of flowers and plants.  "Maybe, I could start a garden club for our apartment complex."  As she wrote down these ideals, she was thinking about the strong community bond she felt in Three Lakes.  "Oh how busy I had been, not to see my community here.   Shame on you Margarite."  She could hardly imagine not keeping up with the new friendships that started over some old junk in a garage.  



Margarite walked down to the extra bedroom.  She decided to decorate that room like a little cabin in the woods.  She found some old stools in the garage and painted them red, like all the barns she saw driving in Wisconsin.  "This little space is my homage to the northwoods, where I left a little piece of my heart."  She was so tickled with how her apartment looked.  She wasn't quite done, but she was looking forward to adding all the "things" that made her happy.

"It's just so cool" she told herself.   As an English teacher, she rarely used slang words.  However, she couldn't think of another one to describe just how she was feeling.  "This teacher surly was schooled this summer" she said outloud.  All the things that she happened to learn about herself.  "I guess it's cool in schoolsville" she laughed as hopped in bed.

Follow along tomorrow in the event if you would like to purchase some of the items for sale.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  
 

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! (And "cool" LOL) Wow...tomorrow's Saturday already? How did that happen?? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete