Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Listening for the Signs

The other day, I had a customer pick up one of her purchases from me.  When I handed her the bag, I had to stop and listen.  The chickens were squawking up a storm and they were no where to be seen.  I said to her, "there must be a hawk around."  "They make that noise to warn the others of a predator."  Sure enough, we looked around and over by the barn there was a hawk perched on top of a hay wagon.  It was a perfect view of the barn yard.  I started to run over to chase it away, but she flew away on her own.  My customer said, "how did you know?"  "I listened, to the 'warning' sounds and signs."  She said, "wow, that's amazing."  (It really isn't...if you have animals you know their dialog).  

This had my thinking about a blog post.  I spend many days writing these posts in my head.  Some end up on here and others do not.  Anyway, do you listen for the signs?  Each stage of life offers "signs" to listen to.  Kid crying - hurt; mom calling - fell?; husband crabby - clean...teehee....but seriously, you know what I mean.  Life offers us signs, do you listen?  Have you educated yourself as to what it means?  Have your past lessons lead you to an objective conculsion?  Or, did you not even notice the chicken's squawking?  

I think, this old world is "squawking" it's trying to tell us something, are you listening?   Have you thought about it?  What does all of 'this' mean?  2020 has been something else!  I think, an alert person should be listening for the signs.

Personally, I'm picking up, making room, cleaning my 'coop.'  I'm freezing, canning, storing for a time I may need it.  I'm stocking up on necessities, including, toilet paper.  I'm listening....oh, there are plenty of signs!

Most importantly, I'm more than ever, trusting in Jesus!  I'm not trying to sound like a prepper, but I am.  I'm preparing my home and heart - I've studied the signs, I'm aware of past lessons, I'm educating myself to be prepared and I'm listening.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. I am trusting Jesus most of all too. On Sunday I attended church in an outdoor service, it was wonderful to gather, and my older son attended with me, a joy. Everyone wore a mask and the chairs were six feet apart. I like your thoughts about listening to warning sounds and signs and taking appropriate action. This is a rough year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I’m listening and watching the signs. We know this world is not our home. We’re just passing through. I’ve found myself over the last few months letting go of things I previously thought were important and am focusing more on what really matters, the eternal treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes animals always tell us what is going on. We all must listen. Great post as usual! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chuckled at the comment about knowing about the animals' "dialogue...." I think, because I spend so much time alone with them, I truly know what my dog and cats are saying. Friends are always amazed and think that they are "human"...well, perhaps they are learning some of my "dialogue" as well. But, yes...on the bigger level...there are definitely signs if we only care to look...and some make me tremble. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete