Monday, August 24, 2020

Motivational Monday - Satisficing It

Satisficing:  Accept an available option as satisfactory

It is a decision that is ok enough to tackle a situation, but not the best possible decision.  Well, I've been doing this for years and didn't know it had a definition.  Ahhaha

In fact, I will be satisficing this week on more than one thing I had planned.  


A self-employed person wears many hats.  To motivate me, I put on my marketing hat and dream up big, creative ideas and put them on a calendar to hold myself accountable.  I then put on my promtional hat and share it, brag it up, post to social media - you know the whole "nine yards" kinda thing.  Well, often times...who am I kidding...more times than not, I over extend myself into doing lots of things all at once.  I may also be a little addicted to the "rush" this whirlwind of activity gives me.  #Iknowmyowntruth.  

So, today, I put on my production hat, you know the hat that is the least fun...work...ahahah...and get busy with my week.  I can tackle the accountablity of my calender, not exactly how I dreamed it would be, but I made the decison to keep going.  So, I will have to be happy with satisficing it, yet again.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Such a great word, not one that I have come across before. Loved seeing all the old hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Motivational Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok....that's a new word (and hmmm....concept...) for me. Gonna add that to my dictionary....and hopefully, my habits. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete