Sunday, February 16, 2020

New Inventory for Town Hall Trinkets, LLC



My business is Town Hall Trinkets, LLC:  https://www.facebook.com/Town-Hall-Trinkets-LLC-729693193716630/  If you want to follow along.


I always go look....when people call "I have this or that for sale" because, you never know.  I asked Al to come with me as he has been so good at helping me to say "No" I really don't need more stuff to sell.  So, Al and I took off on a cold late afternoon driving over an hour north of us to look at a buy out.  It was a cottage or retirement home that due to a death was put on the market that day.  It was one of those, "it needs to be out in days" kind of thing.  

As we walked around the premise, the gentleman had a story for every piece.  They were really nice things, all purchased retail at antique shops.  I told him we would talk about a price and get back to him.  After we pulled no more than a block down the road, we both decided that we probably wouldn't be able to buy this one out.  However, we did like it all.  As in...maybe keeping some of it....I know, Al was supposed to be "Mr. No" but, he turned into "Mr. Let's Keep."  Sometimes we aren't good for each other.

Long story short, a bit over a week later, we were back with my great-nephew Ethan, filling our trailer.  I'm thankful we had him to help, my back isn't what it use to be.  I'm also thankful we had a warmer day and the flurries held off until we were on our way home.  I was tickled with this piece of pyrography.  Lisa told me what it was, I didn't know the word pyrography, until she explained it to me.  Anyway, I love it.  



I took a few things over to Theme:  https://www.facebook.com/THEMEWausau/ the periodical shop I sell at.  Most of it is still here, waiting to see what we will keep or at least switch out.  Help us Lord.

I had a sweet customer recently say, "I want to be you when I grow up."  "No, you don't" I told her, "be better than me."  Honestly and for the record, I know this all seems like fun and it has been and still is, the problem is with comparing.  I just don't want anyone to compare themselves with me and I don't want and try hard not to, compare myself with others.  Or even compare what they pick, how they pick, where they sell, how they sell - it's all unhealthy!  I recently found an acronym that so applies in this business, OCD - obsessive comparison disorder.  I can't tell you how true that is!  I refuse to be one of those that show and tell....and tell....and tell....it's all too much!  There is a fine line here, because I am self-employed; you know as in president, sales team, purchasing department and marketing.  If I don't share as in marketing, how will anyone know what I have.  The struggle is real my friend.   Thanks for those who do follow along and for all the support!  I appreciate it.  I will add, enjoy what you do, how you do it, share it if you so desire, but think on the OCD of the business.  Let's let this make us all better.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. You have a special gift for what you do! Keep up the good work as many follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a good job I don't live local to you I would be forever buying from you there is so much in the photo what I would like.

    ReplyDelete