Monday, February 3, 2020

Motivational Monday - Do You Know the Secret?

In our area, we have a commercial that asks:  "Do you know the secret?"  It's for weight loss.  I'm sure, I'm not the only one who thinks of it when someone even says the word secret.  It's pretty catchy marketing on their part. 

"It's like it's a secret" Al said to me this morning, talking about some questions on weight lifting/training; however, he has said that to me about farming/plowing fields/cutting hay...we've said that about the MASS (market animal) program in 4H...but, that right there, that experience, leads me to my answer to him this morning.  "There isn't a secret, it's just all hard work!"  "The secret is hard work..."  My Motivational Monday post on the way, I knew it as soon as I said it.  

Hard work, in it's self, isn't motivating.  Right!?!

Everything I can think of, right now, in my life, requires my putting in some "hard work."  Physical, emotional, spiritual all of it!  Can I say Progression....2020 word of the year.




So, I'm going to have to roll up my sleeves and do it.  Most of it will be "hard work" some of it I can't even stand to "face."  I won't go into details to shame myself, but some of it gets pushed back - years even - because it IS hard work.  

You know what is motivating me?  The rewards!  "It (fill in blank)" will be done!  Less sleepless nights!  I hope to be able to look back at the experience with pride, yes, I'm saying it...pride...in a job well done.  You can be proud of something and not be prideful.  We should be proud of a job well done or why do it.  

"Do you want to know the secret?"  It's hard work; time put in, blisters on hands, sweat to the brow, sore back, weeding out old feelings, choosing kind words (it's an election year!), loving in spite of outcome, not partaking in, refraining from...whatever, I think you get it...hard work.   Rewards?  I may not see all of them, but I'll know what I did, the effort it took anyway and try to gain from the experience.  

I hope this little post motivates you to roll up your sleeves too.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  






4 comments:

  1. Well I have been putting in a lot of hard work lately. 10+ hours each day then going home to make dinner. Great post as always. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I know you know the secret! I can't wait to see pictures!

      Delete
  2. Jacky, I need to tell you something. I saw you commented recently on my blog Calamity Acres.... I can so identify with what you said here. I find I am having to bear down and get things done and it's getting harder and harder for me. I am still trying. I want to tell you that I so enjoy your posts on Instagram, I look for them daily, and on Facebook, too! I may not be commenting here, but I do look for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i roll up my sleeves, work hard...but not everything gets done!!

    i was skinny my entire life, until about 20 years ago. then it happened...MS, seizures, and all of the medications that go along with it. loosing weight is a loosing battle for me, i have given up trying. for me, there are far too many other things more important!!

    ReplyDelete