Monday, February 17, 2020

Motivational Monday - Q&A

You all know why I write these Motivational Monday posts right?!?.......Because, I need motivating.....EVERY day! 

That is what this post is about Q&A for tips not just for you who is reading this, but me....the "motivator"....ahahaha

Several years ago, when my girls still lived at home, someone paid me a compliment about being so motivated....something like....you get so much done!  One of my daughters, if you know them, I'm sure you can guess which one..wink, wink..said "Mom, she does not know you...or something like...if she could only see you know....sitting in your recliner watching t.v."  Yes, guilty as charged!

One thing I love about one of the you tube channels I follow is that she tells us..."now, I can't get ALL of this done by myself, I hire help."  Another was "I only cleaned the space behind my camera, if you saw the rest of the room you'd quit watching."  I love the honesty.  It's the same for me here.  

So for my tip to motivate yourself is - preach to yourself.

My brother, who is my pastor, says something all the time.  I think I've mentioned it before.  He says "I wish I had me a preachin' church."  It was hard for me to "get" this at first, but now I do.  I just told a friend the other day..."preach" to yourself.  Speak positive things about you, your situation or whatever.  

I did it this, preached to myself this very morning.  I had to motivate myself to go in for an MRI.  I don't like the feeling of being held down or having to keep still (anxiety) and I do NOT like to take pills.  I could have taken a pill to calm me down, but then, I would have needed a driver to take me home.  So, I had to preach to myself.  The tech put on my headphones, I closed my eyes and started praying "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Over and over....until, it was done!  Use your words, only if they are kind ones, to motivate yourself.  I used scripture, you could a favorite quote.  Preach it to yourself.  




O.k. so, here's the Q&A part.  Please share, it may help us.  How do your motivate yourself? 

Waiting.....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Your brother must be an awesome pastor. Motivation? Pretty much same as you; I feel better when I encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advise Jacky! Being on vacation for 2 weeks now, I will need to motivate myself back to work tomorrow. I so wish I could retire and just work our new store now. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is GREAT!! i have MS and go for MRI's every 6 months, i hate them too but it has been 20 years and i have gotten use to it. i go on vacation, in my brain...swimming in the ocean, sunning myself on the beach, that's what works for me!!

    we all need motivation and it must come from within. no one knows better what we need that we do!!

    ReplyDelete