Friday, February 21, 2020

Natural Cycle to Creating - Stop, Reflect, Recharge

Are you starting to wake or warm up?  March is around the corner and hibernation time is almost done.  Truthfully, that is how I feel.  I really enjoy winter!!! It's my time to rest and reboot.  Our bodies need that.  When February rolls around, I listen to the the advice of Mr. Groundhog.  Will I take time for more rest or slowly come alive?   I say all of this in jest, but truth is, when you devote your whole self into a project, event or activity, you need time to stop, reflect and recharge. 

I make a living out of being creative.  Now, I said LIVING not MONEY as often times, I've learned, these are not the same.  I'm living to create and creating to live.  Maybe only an artist will get that.  I often hear, "what are you going to do next? or what's happening next?"  Hey, I don't even know what I'm wearing...today, I've been "living" in same clothes for 3 days....I can't even...this is true!  It's - Stop, Reflect, Recharge time.....

O.k. with all that said....there is a cycle to creating.  The best way to explain it is to take note of nature.  Seed, water, light, growth, weed, bloom, fruit, harvest...kinda thing.   It applies to creating and creativity; a parallel anology!  

At one time, I had someone say to me "Jacky, there are NO original ideas left!"  I respect this person, but that right there is FAKE news!  One can still be original and offer new ideals!  People do it all the time.  I can bet though, that it's after a time of....stop, reflect and recharge!  This will allow one to feel inspired and count on their creativity.  



So....here is something we are doing, "It's a LEAP of an Antique Tea:
  https://www.facebook.com/events/610447536440016/

I'm collaborating with our daughter, Anna, who is building a business called, Stone Silo Bakery.



We will be hosting this event as an opportunity to take advance of Leap Year .... heehee .... and to offer you an opportunity to rest, reflect and recharge.    Here is our itinerary and menue.  


“It’s a LEAP of an Antique Tea” - February 29, 2020
Hosted by: Town Hall Trinkets, LLC - Ringle, WI
Stone Silo Bakery - New Holstein, WI
Menu & Schedule:
10 a.m. - Scones: Lemon Blueberry
Raspberry Almond
“Antique Study”
“Table Scape Challenge”
Noon - Soup: Tomato Basil
Chicken & Rice
Bread: Rustic Roasted Garlic Rosemary
Dessert: Creme Brulee
Lemon Tarts
1:00 p.m. - “Repurposed Project”
Cost for event is $25.00 - includes everything
Grandma’s House LLC - 174401 Cty Rd. N. Ringle
Class limited to 20 - please register, thanks

If you are interested in joining us for a few hours of learning, eating, creativity and fun, please click on the link above and let us know.  Thanks.  

This event, kicks off my calendar or should I say LEAP....  I've had some time to stop, reflect, recharge and I'm raring to go.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


4 comments:

  1. Great advise. Never thought of re-charging like nature does, but makes perfect sense. You are so wise and I love reading your wisdom. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so wish I could join you, what a wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like winter too!! i love being home and indoors more, enjoying my home. when spring comes, i am ready to spring outdoors and enjoy nature!!

    i always say "making a life and making a living, 2 completely different things"!!

    i have rested, relaxed and knitted. i have done some major cleaning and purging and i am almost, tired of being indoors. good luck to you and your daughter on this new venture!! it sounds divine...and very inexpensive for what you are offering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am NOT a fan of winter, noway, nohow...but, yes, I agree...it is a time for rest and recharging. The tea sounds amazing...except I would spend the entire time on the scones, lemon tarts and creme brulee LOL. You've found my weakness! I love, love, old silos... Where is New Holstein?? Hope you're enjoying this brief respite from winter...oh wait....you LIKE winter. ;-). Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete