Monday, March 18, 2019

Motivational Monday - Master's Degree

I started this morning needing some motivation about procrastination and when I searched my own blog, this is what came up....it was exactly what I needed to be reminded of:  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2017/04/quartlery-exams-working-on-my-masters.html

The date was 2017, however, reading it, it could have been today.  I'm still working on my Master's degree. 

While working at Theme this past weekend, one of the "girls" asked me what I was going to take to my next to 2 shows.  They are back to back in May.  I said "I don't know...?!"  She said, "come on, you must know...it's only a few weeks away!"  I quickly said, "no, I really don't, I work best under pressure!"  Just then, one of our customers, whom I've known and has bought stuff from me for over 25 years...peeked her head from around the corner and said..."that's true!  I've seen her work miracles!"  I started to laugh..."I don't want to over think it - I just do it."  I don't like it at times, but it works for me.  So, now as I muddle through today, this week, this post reminds me to keep the right attitude because I chose to procrastinate.  I'm working on my master's degree and that is what matters!

So I encourage you to click on the link to the older post above - it is exactly my thoughts for motivation.  


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Getting a Master's is tough. I did it when my kids were little. Made me nuts! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday Dicky Bird....I love it..... a “Master’s Degree”....guess I am still working on mine as well LOL.... Some of us are slower learners than others. ;-) I think of me as a work in progress.... But I really can relate to your “works best under pressure”....that is so me. It is something I do wish I could change...along with my procrastination, but have just surrendered to it in a way, My college roommates would always know when I had an exam coming up or a paper due...they’d come home to a spanking clean apartment and a nice home-cooked meal. Hope you managed to get motivated today....for some reason, I never got around to it. It has been a ‘Monday-ier” Monday than most. Sorry I never did make it to Theme this weekend....Like today, those days just sorta slipped away from me. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny you mentioned procrastination, as I did the same in my last post. I will never have a masters degree unless I get one for being old. LOL Good luck obtaining yours. Janice

    ReplyDelete