Monday, March 11, 2019

Motivational Monday - Important Announcement

We interrupt this normally positive, upbeat, Motivational Monday post for an important announcement....


I'm so not motivated!  
I'm so not in love with daylight savings!  
I'm so tired of the snow!  
I am upset with myself!

So, I'm not feeling it today for my Motivational Monday post.  Al left for work today and we both decided it's been a LONG month and maybe, just maybe, we have "cabin fever."   

Something actually upset me so much that I was almost in tears...I'm not a "down in the dumps" Dicky Bird!  I didn't get the name of "little Miss Sunshine" for that attitude.  

So, I called one of my sisters.  I told her how I was feeling and the "why" behind it.  Then she shared something with me that made her feel sad and believe it or not it helped.  So, if anything, I would say today that might be motivational, it would be, share your woes with another.  Don't have a pity party!  We didn't, we actually helped each other, not only by sharing, but trying to figure out how to fix "it."  

Also, because I believe in signs...I woke this morning and asked "Lord, if you want to tell me something encouraging today, and you know I need it, let my little inspirational calendar have your word for me."  Guess what it said for today, March 11....I couldn't have even planned this better..."Prayer is the Christian's mightiest weapon" how did I forget...."just a little talk with Jesus and I'll tell Him all about my troubles, He will hear my faintest cries, He will answer by and by" (I can hear my Grandpa Kincaid singing and playing that song on his banjo even now).  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

7 comments:

  1. Sending some hugs your way. I hope you cheer up soon. It's been a really long winter. I'm dragging at this time of year, feeling unmotivated and sometimes just plain sad. I'm hoping Spring will help. I saw my first chipmunks this morning! That has to be a sign of better weather ahead, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motivational Monday for me was just to be motivated with the time change. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the time of year that snow and cold gets oh so old. This is the first winter I haven't had the winter blues. Don't get me wrong, I still can't stand winter and I can't wait for the snow to melt...we have so much up here it will be July...but I am managing so much better this year and I'm happy to have found a solution that works for me. You're right, prayer always works...our pastor says "first, pray". I hope your sunny attitude comes to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, think we have had this discussion before my friend... I have never been a fan of January or February ever, but this year those two months have bee like 2 long years I swear. I had to laugh when you said it’s been a long month....and, hmmmm....it’s only the 11th. But I know EXACTLY what you mean. And, somehow, you managed to find motivation and inspiration despite everything..unlike me who just whines about it. Don’t think I am familiar with that song, but bet I would like it.... “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” has always been one of my favorites and from the bit you quoted, it sounds like they have very similar themes... Here’s hoping that we’re on the upswing.... {{HUGS}} Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you a hug you a hug with the hope it will help and saying a prayer for you to help with motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't mind this time of year..I get a lot done inside my house I've cleaned the closets, Cabinets and I have over half my basement cleaned.. Sunday we moved furniture and décor around..I have my trailer full of projects and will shop for supplies this week..Having the jump on things keeps me from falling into the "dumps" it takes time to dig yourself out..

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww, i hear ya, i feel ya!!! i did a lot of cleaning this winter but i think i am tired of that. knitting, crocheting...needle punching, snow fun!! but i'm ready, ready to be outdoors and have some outside fun, before the heat comes and it isn't fun to be outdoors!!

    no worries, you'll get your mojo back!!!

    ReplyDelete