Friday, May 25, 2018

You Must Have So Much Fun - Town Hall Trinkets, LLC

"You must have so much fun" is what many say to me when they hear what I do.  Town Hall Trinkets, LLC is the name of my business.  However, I do have other subsidiaries of it...LOL

It is fun, here is how this week went:

Monday:  

Returned to the "Living Estate Sale" to set up our "snow day, make up day" bundle it sale.  When we did that sale, we received 28" of snow, so we had to cancel our last day where we make "deals."  The house sold, so we wanted to help them try to get rid of more....many items were FREE. 




Tuesday:

10 am returned to a previous "pick" to load up on what I couldn't fit in my van.  They had another van load for me to buy.  Load, unload, stack ..... shuffle, shuffle... I did get this...I'm keeping it....





6:30 pm an estate consultation where I walked the pole building and garage, gave advice to them for doing their own estate sale.  I've known this family for decades, so they allowed me to purchase several items.  I need to go back next week and pick those up.  

Wednesday:

10 am at ladies bible study in Birnamwood, so I took in a load to my booth at Once & Again.  Made arrangements for a future "pop up" and another brainstorm session with EmmaKait's Coffehaus.

2 pm Lisa and I returned to an estate sale home, that now will be listed and gave advice to the granddaughter.  We proposed a few options for them.  The family will decide which option they prefer.

5:15 pm new estate consultation where I was asked to walk the home and give advice and options for the family.  I found a rather rare vase, pointed it out to them, showed them why, the markings, how to look it up...."we would have tossed that, thanks!"  I also advised them on other pieces.  The daughter is planning to set up at one of the fleas I do with some of the items that the family doesn't want.  

Thursday:

7 am - 6 pm - conducted the "snow day, make up day" estate sale.  The original sale made double what I quoted them, thank the Lord, so this sale was more about getting rid of than a dollar amount.  However, we did do really good for the family.  

Friday:

9 am meet with the "Theme Team" at the shop

11 am - 2 pm return to the sale, box up the remaining items, meet with an artist who is interested in "buying out" remaining items from that sale.

Evening....box up items for the "Road Trip" pop up at Anna's house....

You see, a full 40 hour week - fun and work.  I wanted to take a "break" from mall selling this year, it was a hard decision for me as you become friends with the shop keepers.  I wanted to return to this....what I do....I am a 3rd generation picker, born into a family of ministers and preachers.  I enjoy helping and sharing my knowledge with others, that is my gift of ministry.  I had several people ask "why do you work so hard" - well, we all have to work - I just do it differently.  When you truly enjoy what you do, it doesn't feel like work.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.   


No comments:

Post a Comment