Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Under Construction - Building Your Nest







First, can I have a round of applause for the beautiful crab apple trees that anchor our circle drive!  What beauties they have been this year!  The bees are drunk on them.

This morning as I pushed the garbage can to the road, I saw this bit of hay hanging from the branch.  I looked up to see what I believe to be a Robin's nest under construction.  My mind quickly started assembling this blog post.  I do love to write, which is funny because I'm not a great reader.  I probably have some kind of issue that wasn't diagnosed when I was a kid....o.k. I KNOW I am on "the spectrum" for lots of issues, let's not kid ourselves. (wink, wink).

You know, I have lived in 3 houses my whole life....all of which were ALWAYS under construction.  My dad spent near my whole life remodeling my childhood home, Al and I have done the same with our 2 homes too.  That's o.k., I'm not use to a "picture perfectly staged" home anyway.  I know my customers often say, "you must have a beautiful home" - hahaha...I do, just not staged (well, with clutter...LOL).  

Under construction, remodeling is a good thing for our bodies too.  Every experience should change us and mold us into a better version of ourselves.  If  we were a "perfectly staged" body, we must be laying in a coffin....for real.  God doesn't intend on us to be perfect - He is made perfect within us.  I think on Hebrews 10:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Perfection isn't within ourselves, not our abilities or talents and no amount of money could buy it, in fact it's free.  A free gift, all you need do is accept it.  Now, this gift, Free as it may be, comes with some directions; repent (ask for forgiveness), take on His name in baptism (washing away of old you) and receive His spirit (Holy Ghost).  Without getting into a doctrinal debate - which is NOT my intention -  there is always more for us as followers of Christ.  More...

I write this today, totally feeling convicted and guilty of my behavior and the words I chose yesterday to share with a friend.  Whom I later apologized to...it wasn't about her, rather me....my feelings, she just listened.  

Perfect, who?!?, not me....I'm still changing and molding.  However, I am reminded today that He is made perfect within me....I better be showing that!   

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment