Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Antique Carpenter's Bench

Ok, if I had room in my house, I would keep this.  I only regret I didn't take a before picture.  Trust me, it was greasy!






Last summer, I was called to help a couple with downsizing for a move to Florida.  Wendal, was a deputy for Marathon County Sheriff's Department and he knew me through my long ago full time job at a law office.  After he married Arlene, they  moved from Milwaukee to Edgar in late 1950's.  Wendal brought this work bench with him and it has sat in one of his outbuildings ever since.  I had to convince Al, because it was like 90, humid and mosquito's/flies infested to help me dig it out.  He didn't see what I saw then, but he does now!

After a good wash, I used my palm sander to go over it like a 10 times, mineral spirits and steel wool and another wash.  It was beautiful.  I tried a new product, Watco Butcher Block, wax and conditioner as I thought someone might use it as a kitchen island.  Amazing product, my new favorite!

I bought the big letters last fall from my friend Tracy, who happen to be at the right place at the right time - I knew I was going to spell out EAT as soon as I saw it...I knew I was going to do this for my set up at Tansy Hill Farm Barn Bazaar too!  Link Here:
  https://www.facebook.com/TansyHillFarmWausau/


If you happen to be in the area, come out to the event!  It is the 2nd year and it's going to be great!  I met Becky years ago, long before she had kids or a farm.  She would come to my farm and the Ringle Harvest Day and buy from me.  She is super talented and I am happy to be a part of this event!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  
https://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com/2018/05/vintage-charm-party-133.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MyThriftStoreAddiction+%28My+Thrift+Store+Addiction+%29


No comments:

Post a Comment