Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Was Good To Me

Wow, I really hate to see 2016 come to an end.  To me, it was one of my best years and I turned 50 (smile).   




Seriously though, I had made a promise to myself early on in 2016 that I would be open to new ideas and plans.  In doing so, I have had my most successful selling year.  

I also made a list of "50 things to do before I'm 50" and am happy to say I crossed off 35 before my birthday and only have a few more to do "while I'm 50."

Personal and spiritual growth, self improvement and reflection; inspired, pushed and changed me - for the better.  Some of the lessons were hard, it would have been easier for me to "give in" to an old response or reaction.  However, to the best of my ability....(smile)...I tried to stop, think and reflect on what my action, reaction would be.  It was hard as this was a polarizing political year.  I said I wouldn't let it get to me and affect my relationships with those I love - and I didn't!   http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2016/07/each-generation-has-their-own-mistakes.html

I traveled this year:

Wisconsin to Waco - Magnolia Farms - with 2 of my friends.




Scotland and Ireland with my daughters.   




 We ran our first 5K



All where wonderful - however, Dicky Bird's Nest - my blog - is something I have poured myself into this year.  As I always say, I write this blog for me - however, I do like watching my stats.  I have gained some new followers and friends through my writing this year.  I have no idea if I can keep the viewer momentum going - but, I can say my page views have tripled monthly.  Most of that is due to some success I have had with reaching to a state, national and global community.  One of my posts was read live on air to a state wide audience, one of my posts was "liked" by Richard Fowler a national radio host and FOX news regular and my post about the review of The Willow Tea Rooms in Glasgow, Scotland was shared on 2 websites.  That post:  http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-willow-tea-rooms-glasgow-scotland.html was my most popular one read for 2016.  It really pushed my view numbers to totals I could only dream of.  I also was contacted by author Joey Green to have a photo off my blog featured in his upcoming book:  Vacation on Location, Exploring the Towns Where Your Favorite Movies Were Filmed.  I can't wait for my autographed copy.  

So in looking over my 2016 year in review - I have been so blessed!  Thank you for following along!  Look for my "word of the year" post - it's a good one!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.   

Linked to:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2016/12/foodie-friday-and-everything-else-new.html

http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=686585

4 comments:

  1. You sure did have a busy 50th year! May you continue to enjoy all of the adventures in 2017! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope 2017 is just as good to you!
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete