Polish Spritz Cookies/ ciasteczka z maszynki
- 1 ½ sticks softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl or stand mixer, thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Gradually add flour to butter, mixing until a smooth dough results. DO NOT CHILL.
- Following your manufacturer's instructions, place dough into cookie press and dispense onto ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugars or jimmies before baking, or decorate after baking.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until very lightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven, wait 1 minute and then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate.
Makes about 4 dozen Serving Size two cookies
This is the recipe for the cookies we made this past weekend at the Girl Scout's "What's Cooking" event. I had 3 wonderful helpers, that actually were a huge help! These 3 knew how to work and had great ideas to share. What a joy for me to work with them.
The "What's Cooking" event had four rotations. In our rotation, we were to discuss oven safety in addition to how to read a recipe. We had over 80 some girls...it was crazy...fun...but, the morning flew!
Honestly, after the first round...Anna came in to check on us...we had only like 5 minutes left and no cookies were in the oven yet....I said..."Anna...I can't do this..." She piped up..."Oh yes you can..." She took charge as she is so equipped to do. It was after that first round, my 3 helpers came up with some time saving ideas. I couldn't believe it - after 20 some years of working with kids - they taught me a few things. By the last round, we had extra time.
Anna is doing an excellent job in this position. All of her years up to this has lead her to a job just like this. Thanks 4-H for helping Anna prepare for a career in Girl Scouts.
Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.