Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Zucchini "Logs"

This time of year - zucchini is abundant!  My grandma Kincaid made something similar when I was little, but hers had hamburger in it.  I wanted to make a meatless version with low Weight Watcher points.  I have to tell you....this was delicious and filling. 



Cut your zucchini in chunks/"logs", scoop out the seeds - not all the way to the bottom - you want some zucchini to hold in the filling.

I then took some cooked brown rice (1 C), some shredded carrots, 1 clove garlic minced, 1 can of cannellini beans (or any bean would do) and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.  Do NOT add any water - just the soup - the juice from the zucchini while cooking will be the liquid.  S&P





There was enough filling to do 4 "logs" - fill with the mixture and bake covered at 350 till zucchini is fork tender.  Bake uncovered for last 10 minutes or so.


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  
Post a Comment