Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Zucchini "Logs"

This time of year - zucchini is abundant!  My grandma Kincaid made something similar when I was little, but hers had hamburger in it.  I wanted to make a meatless version with low Weight Watcher points.  I have to tell you....this was delicious and filling. 



Cut your zucchini in chunks/"logs", scoop out the seeds - not all the way to the bottom - you want some zucchini to hold in the filling.

I then took some cooked brown rice (1 C), some shredded carrots, 1 clove garlic minced, 1 can of cannellini beans (or any bean would do) and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.  Do NOT add any water - just the soup - the juice from the zucchini while cooking will be the liquid.  S&P





There was enough filling to do 4 "logs" - fill with the mixture and bake covered at 350 till zucchini is fork tender.  Bake uncovered for last 10 minutes or so.


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard of zucchini logs. They look like stuffed peppers. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! Never had it bevore! You are so right, it's zucchini time!
    All my best from an Austrian gardener
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting recipe! I have a friend bringing me zucchini tomorrow. I can see this on the weekend menu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacky! I wished we were still getting zucchini! I love these! I like how you cut your zucchini! That's different than my zucchini boats. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete