Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Motivational Monday (Tuesday) - Effort

Recently, I had a friend say..."are there two of you, you just seem to get so much done."  Boy, do I have her fooled....

I was talking with Justine the other day and told her what this friend said, she grabbed her phone and said, "maybe I should take a picture of you in the recliner....not getting much done..."  I laughed, but said - "just think how much I could get done if I actually put all of my efforts into it."  I said this as a joke, but it has been convicting me all week.  I have been looking at the areas in my life that maybe I could put forth more of an effort.  Each decision I have made this past weekend, in the back of my mind, I was thinking....am I putting forth 100% of my effort?



I could write a post here about all the projects, endeavors that I have started and never seen through; but I want this to be helpful and positive.  Would we point out all of our best friend's failures to her and "throw" them in her face?  No, so why do we do this to ourselves?  We all could do that, reflect on things we wanted to do and didn't or things we started but failed at.  That isn't helpful.  Let's rather, learn from that and move forward to accomplish future goals.

I found this quote (author unknown):

"The heights of your achievements are determined by the depth of your self-belief, the strength of your resolve and the intensity of your efforts."


So, for this Motivation Monday (Tuesday), let's believe in ourselves, not quit - no matter how hard - and put forth 100% of effort.  I know by doing this, we will achieve even greater results.  Good luck - to me too!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.     

5 comments:

  1. Effort? I think that's a word that's missing from many dictionaries these days. :-) But so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on implementing a few new "goof" habits , this post has inspired me .
    I shall use that guote , perhaps even post it on my bulletin board :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jacky! I needed to read this today! I have already been thinking along these lines for a couple of weeks. Your post reminds me to do this EVERY day! Not just when I feel like it! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete